4.1/5
Essie Gel Setter Reviews
Ranked #30 in Nail Polish

September 16, 2017

Looks like a professional gel coat

This stuff makes any old polish look like a million bucks. I bought a cashmere matte polish that I no longer like and covered it with gel settter. BAM! Looks great. Just give yourself lots of time to let it dry and set.

June 15, 2017

Awesome shiny top coat

This top coat made all my nails and designs look good it's so shiny and goes on smooth and works with nail art very well and made my designs last a lot longer

May 26, 2017

I bought this recently in a conjoined pack with a few other Essie nail polishes and loved it. The gel setter made the colors look AMAZING. It kept the polish looking perfect and unchipped for OVER A WEEK. I was so shocked and happy with the turnout

April 28, 2017

I love this polish! It is the best top coat polish! Goes on clear, dries to a hardened, "gel" like top coat, making nail polish last so much longer and look so much shiner!

April 08, 2017

If I use this as a top coat after using a regular essie polish I get longer wear from my polish. I can usually get through a work week without issue.

January 27, 2017

I love how this top coat makes any manicure shine and look kinda like you went and got gel-cured tips at the salon. It takes a bit longer to dry but makes up for it as my manicure lasts a very long time.

October 10, 2016

I'm a self-declared manicure addict! I never thought I would use a different top-coat other than my trusted Sèche-Vite. But I was shopping at Winners when I found an Essie colour I just had to have (Mint Candy Apple). It happened to be bundled with the Essie Gel Setter Top Coat. What a find! Now if you're looking for a top coat to get you out the door quickly, this isn't it. I give mine about 10 minutes to dry before I try to do anything. But it's worth the wait. It adds SO MUCH SHINE. And it makes my manicures last. With Sèche-Vite, I'd only get about 3-4 days of wear, but with the Gel Setter, I can extend that at least 2 or 3 more days. And I'm hard on my hands (daily workouts, house cleaning, etc). Essie Gel Setter also gives the nail a bit of thickness - like a Shellac manicure does. I gave the price 4 out of 5 stars since mine was bundled, so I got a great deal, but I'm unsure of how much it retails for, so I didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression.

October 05, 2016

I used the new top coat at with Essie polish to give it an honest go- after all, products are designed to work together. The finish of this top coat was great. High shine, gave the polish a flawless look.
    After three days the polish started chipping.I was away during this time so it was not because of dishes and housework. Just normal wear and tear.
    As far as a top coat it is fine but for the gel setter claim, there are other brands.

September 22, 2016

I love this product! It works really well as a top coat to keep my nail polish lasting for about a week. It works especially well when used with Essie polishes. It has milder chemicals when compared to other great top coat brands and for the price it's worth it. I also love that it dries shy and relatively quick. I would highly recommend this and would definitely repurchase.

2.0/5

September 08, 2016

I had such high hopes for this product, but it disappointed big time. I've used it 4 or 5 times now, and each time it has left air bubbles in the finish of the top coat, ruining the manicure. I never shake the bottle, I have tried varying thicknesses or amount of product used, and still get the same result. Very disappointed for Essie! I love their colour nail polishes.