Essie Nail Polish Reviews

Essie was founded by Essie Weingarten in 1981 when she premiered 12 unconventional nail polish colors. The collection has since grown to over 200 polishes, worn by high profile celebs including HRH Queen Elizabeth II.
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020

March 03, 2013

love this nail polish, the colour selection is amazing and i the brush is easy to use, goes on evenly with not streaks. The price point is quite reasonable and they are easy to find. My go to nail polish

November 25, 2012

New favourite nailpolish brand! All the colours are amazing, the brush makes putting it on really easy, and it lasts for a really long time. I find the lighter shades go on the best, some of the darker ones are a little thicker and i find layering them properly takes a while and they tend to chip more. But all the pastels are amazing, I always get compliments, and they last for about a week and a half...which is a really long time on your hands!

November 15, 2012

My favourite brand of nail polish! Essie makes a high quality product at a very reasonable price ($9-11 per bottle). My fave colours include Chinchilly, Fifth Avenue, Ballet Slippers and Plumberry.

September 11, 2012

After trying just about every nail polish brand I could get my hands on, I finally decided to give Essie a try. I was always hesitant due to the slightly expensive price, but the quality of the product made it definitely worth it. Especially if combined with a good quality top coat, this brand of nail polish does not chip as easily as others. I actually tested this out by painting two nails with two different brands and going about a high activity day and the Essie nail polish did not chip, and the other brand did. My favourite go-to colours: Lilacism, Turquiose & Caicos, and Bikini So Teeny.

September 09, 2012

Essie is one of my favorite polish brands. The color selection is fantastic, and most of the formulas are really great. Some of the lighter colors tend to streak a bit so you need 3 coats, but the mid to dark range 2 coats tops, some even 1. I find this polish lasts a long time on me too.

August 19, 2012

i got 2 polishes 1 year ago for free and they are awesome. it's not really for my budget,too expensive,so i look out if there are sales sometimes.but it's a great brand. they have great color selection. i own also the top coat polish from them, i bought it on sale as well, and its awesome. easy to apply and dries fast. love it, but don;t buy often this brand, because of the price. :-(

2.8/5

August 15, 2012

I keep buying Essie nail polishes, lured in by the awesome range of colours they offer, right on trend. But I find they chip easily and some can go on quite streaky. I like how they continually offer new colours that match the season. My current favs this season are Play Date (purple) and Orange it's Obvious. The colours are so vibrant and unique that I constantly get compliments.

August 14, 2012

I love Essie nail polish! For me it's a product I will only buy once in a while, as I do find it somewhat pricey. That being said, I LOVE the colors and the quality of the product. Doesn't matter what color I get, I always love it!

I'll be an Essie customer for life (I just love it even more when it's on sale!)

June 13, 2012

First, let me say that my favourite colour from Essie is watermelon

May 30, 2012

I recently tried this nailpolish when I received a free sample. I have to say I am very impressed with it. Normally I am an OPI girl, but I found that I may just have to switch over to Essie. The best part is that it dries very fast. I am impatient and often end up smudging my nails. The Essie polish dried almost immediatly. Also, it has a bit more of a matte finish tthan some other ones, I like that it isn't as glossy as some.

I would say that Essie is definitely on par with other brands that charge about the same amount (Approx. $8).