Essie Nail Polish Reviews

Essie was founded by Essie Weingarten in 1981 when she premiered 12 unconventional nail polish colors. The collection has since grown to over 200 polishes, worn by high profile celebs including HRH Queen Elizabeth II.

May 29, 2020

Ok product

I love the colours that are offered but unfortunately the consistency is so thin you need 3 or 4 coats to achieve any good solid colour. For the cost of this product I was disappointed.

April 22, 2020

Better nail polishes elsewhere

These nail polishes have tons of colours to choose from, but it is easily chipped. Also, there are better nail polishes out there that are better for your nails.

2.8/5

May 04, 2018
    South Carolina, United States

had very high hopes

Essie polishes are talked about all of the time as being some of the best...but honestly, I think they're completely over-rated. Especially for the price! One good thing i will say is the shade selection is GORGEOUS, and Essie is always coming out with great new colors. My problem is if I paint my nails in the morning with an Essie polish, I'm almost sure to have a chip or two by dinner time.

2.8/5

March 17, 2018

Not the best

I dont tend to reach for this nail polish. I find the product to be quite liquidly and runny. This defintely not my favourite. But i have to admit, they have a great colour range to fit everyones needs

January 07, 2018

Meh

Essie nail polish kind of leaves me feeling flat. I find their colors to be very boring, they don't stand out to me. They are for if you work in a very professional office setting and need to keep things..dull. they have alot of pastelly colors.

2.3/5

January 05, 2018

Je n'ai pas été satisfaite...

J'entendais souvent parler de cette marque de vernis mais pour le prix de cet article, je m'attendais à mieux. Le vernis est parti après 2 jours, ce qui m'a plutôt décue

November 10, 2017

Quality Varies from Colour to Colour

These can be on the pricy side when it comes to drugstore nail polishes, and quite frankly there are cheaper polishes that work as good. Essie though has the best colour selection and you can usually count on getting a decent product. I have about 20 Essie polishes and a few of them are just horrible. They are never opaque even after 5 coats and some chip really bad. But the ones with good formulas are some of my favourite polishes ever.

September 25, 2017

I hope you have a good base and top coat

Essie is average, and I find it overhyped. It's really worse than the Covergirl brand, which I do love. Essie just doesn't last. It takes forever to truly dry. It feels dry to the touch but when engaging in light activity, or if you rub against something, it smudges up completely. It takes hours for this to stop. After this phase, chipping begins. I've yet to find a base or top coat that prevents either of these issues.
    However, the shade range is fantastic and the price isn't too bad, although it is a bit much for its quality.

2.7/5

August 20, 2017

Chips so easily

I really like the colours Essie nail polishes come in. They are trendy and unique. For the price of this nail polish i found it chips really quickly and doesn't last as long as other nail polishes in the same price category.

2.3/5

July 31, 2017

Love the colours, but doesn't stay for a long time

I used to buy Essie in France and loved the big brush, and the fact that the nail polish actually stayed for a long time. Now that I moved to Canada, I find the brush much smaller (which make it harder to put on) and the colour doesn't stay unless you put a top coat on it. I do love their range of colours though, but you can find better nail polishes for a cheaper price!