Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Reviews

Ranked #9 out of 1069 in Books

June 19, 2017

oh

oH THIS BOOK KEPT me in such suspense I loved it ...crazy crazy ...Who ever thought of this story wow ..I imagine it happening people are sometimes crazy lol

June 03, 2017

I read "Gone Girl", a long time ago. One thing I like to do, is to also see the movie to compare.
    This book was so well written and really kept you guessing. About a husband of the year and the disappearance of his wife. Gillian Flynn did justice to this book.

May 31, 2017

I read Gone Girl before the movie came out I loved how the book really kept you thinking and wanting to know. It was an amazingly well written book that I couldn't put down and feeling for the characters. One of my favorites..

May 30, 2017

I read "Gone Girl" long before I knew there was going to be a movie. It was suggested to me on goodreads and since I love suspense thriller novels, I thought I'd give it a try. I loved it. I couldn't put it down. It was full of twists and turns and always kept me guessing. I loved to hate the main characters and have since read her other books. She's one of my favorite authors. Her writing style is superb.

March 13, 2017

Loved all the twists in this story. It's such a page turner. Definitely one I would read again. Weekend getaway/summer read. Way better than the movie and definitely worth the price

February 06, 2017

I loved this book! The story has so many twists and turns, making it hard to put down. I would definitely recommend reading the book even if you have seen the movie because the book is even better than the movie - though it was one of the better on screen interpretations I have seen recently.

October 12, 2016

Great book, had me wondering about the ending until the very last second. With the movie out, I might just have to re-read it. I have recommended this book to a bunch of friends as well. Easy but captivating read.

September 15, 2016

I read the book prior to finding out about the film's release. This is definitely the better version of the two, but both have the same issues. As I'm reviewing the book only, I'll stick to that.

Any story will suffer greatly if you can't sympathize with its characters. Because I found both Nick and Amy to be terrible people -- granted, one is way worse than the other -- I found it pretty hard to root for either of them in the end. I simply didn't care. They deserved each other.

This book also runs into a big problem when it tries to tackle gender politics. Instead of coming off as feminist, or anti-feminist, it simply chooses to highlight the worst traits in both genders and therefore paints a portrait of stereotypes. You have the guy who always cheats, and the woman who's a complete witch. The surrounding characters aren't much better.

I think this book makes for an interesting discussion on unreliable narrators and the way genders are portrayed in pop culture, but beyond that I personally don't think it merits more than a casual glance.

July 13, 2016

One of the girls from work gave me this book to read, she raved about how good it was. I read a lot of books but this one was not my favourite. If I like a book I can read it in a couple of days, but this one I could not get into. It is not bad but it was not that interesting.

July 13, 2016

What I liked most about this book is that I hated all the characters. Which sounds ridiculous, but you know what, if I'm still reading about people that I really don't like.., that must mean it's a good story right? It was full of twists and turns and is one of those stories that doesn't end the way you want it to, or ever thought it would really. Skip the movie version and treat yourself to the book (at least read the book before you go to the movie!)

New favorite songs?