Goodreads

Goodreads Reviews

Ranked #169 out of 1069 in Books

April 28, 2017

Great way to find new books to read. Really helpful in determining if a book suits your tastes and what to expect. They are always having book giveaways if you're in need of a new book to try. I alway use this website before I pick up a book to see if it is worth the read (and to find the summary of a book I cannot find).

April 25, 2017

I started using this about 5 months ago and now I'm on it everyday. I got one of those ereaders so now more than ever I'm getting free books from the library. I love that on Goodreads I can track the progress of which books I'm reading, and review them when I'm done. At the start of the year they let you challenge yourself by picking a certain # of books you would like to read within the year, and they track your progress. I'm in the giveaways section everyday to enter to win specific books. I stick to the one's that are new this year, have a lot of copies to give out, ones I'm familiar with, etc.. (I don't enter for every single book, there are dozens of new ones everyday and some are very small batch). I usually win a book a month until a big week hit and all the sudden & I had 7 wins in the same week, so I have a stack of new reads right now. It's a fantastic way to read books you never would have thought of, for example it's how I found out about Ruth Ware and I love her writing.

It's a great site to get the buzz of new books soon to be released so that when they do get published I'm familiar with them. It's really a useful site for readers, and there's a lot of features that I haven't explored yet, but it's a great tool for me to be reading more than ever.

March 22, 2017

This is a 'must have bookmarked' website, I have been using it for at least 5 years.

It very easy to navigate and use, plus you can link books you buy through Amazon.

I love the lists I can create, from books to read/ already read, to collections etc. I enjoy checking out what my friends are reading, their reviews and suggestions.

I also get a lot of use out of their 'listopia', which recommends books you might like based on your lists and books you have already read and indicated you liked.

GoodReads is fantastic and its a site that any book lover will love and get a lot of use out of.

October 01, 2016

Different ways of using Goodreads

There are a lot of tools and options you can use on Goodreads, but I limit myself to only a few as a way of not losing even more time on social media. For example, while you can plug in the book that you are reading as you start reading it and update your followers on the number of pages you have read, I personally choose to add read books in bulk. While I get the date I finished reading them wrong (always a little later than when I actually finished them), it keeps me from spending too much time on the platform.

Final Thoughts

I can understand the hesitation in signing up for yet another social media platform; we are already quite overwhelmed with just what we can find on just Facebook. But if you are looking into easily finding new books, Goodreads is a great way to build a community of readers around you.

Verdict?

A great resource and way to connect with readers, but like with any other social media platform, you’ll have to exercise a lot of self-control to not waste time. You might also consider carefully curating your library to make sure the recommendations you get are for the type of books you want to read rather than books of the type you regret reading.

For more: http://www.saharsblog.com/review/product-review-goodreads-a-social-media-platform-catered-to-readers/

March 24, 2016

I absolutely love Goodreads. I use it every single day. I add books that I have read and write reviews on them and I read other peoples reviews of books on their book shelves. Sometimes if I am interested in a book I will check out the reviews to see if it is something I may want to read. I add books to my "to read" shelf so that I know what I would like to read at some point. Fantastic website/app. I love it.

January 13, 2016

I love goodreads! I use the android app to find books, write reviews. They also have a suggestion section basedon your reviews, it's awesome!

November 08, 2015

I use goodreads reviews to find new book titles all the time. Then I order them through my public library. They have awesome seach refining tools to find books that would be suited to your interests.

June 28, 2015

Goodreads is a book review website! You can select books they have uploaded, and get a chance to obtain a hard copy of the book - to review. No cost to you, other than your time.
    You have better chances at more books when you write reviews for other books they have sent..
    I have been doing reviews for Goodreads for about 8 years now - and have received dozens of free books over the years - and best of all - they pay the shipping costs!

Winslow has posted in the forum topic
    Jam

Winslow has posted in the forum topic
    Hairstylists

violetfish added a new review for
    Avon Bubble Bath