Great Value Low Acid Apple Juice

3.4/5
Ranked #1982 out of 2380 in Grocery

Taste

June 03, 2017

These are actually great for their price. Mild taste, low acid. Good to buy when your family goes through a lot of apple juice and you are on a budget.

Taste

March 18, 2015

I normally buy Allen's low acid Apple Juice. This time I figured I'd save 70 cents and go for Walmart's store brand, Great Value. It was the first time I'd seen it in a low acid version so I thought I'd give it a try. The ingredients read as the exact same, and the nutrition value is the exact same except it has about 20% more Vitamin C compared to the Allen's low acid apple juice.

The colour is quite different between the two brands. Great Value's is very pale yellow, where as the Allen brand is a darker, richer golden-yellow. Unfortunately, this isn't just where the differences end. On first taste the Great Value seems okay, but it leaves a bad after taste and after that first sip it just does not taste good. I don't enjoy the flavour as much as Allen's low acid apple juice. It's hard to describe, but it does seem like it's made by sub par apples as the flavour isn't as rich. It's almost too sweet and bitter, if that makes sense.

In this case it's worth it to spend a couple more cents and get the brand name.