3.9/5
Habitant Yellow Pea Soup Reviews
#123 in Misc

This Canadian favorite is one of the few Yellow Pea Soups on the market. Smooth, rich taste, ready to serve. Stock up today!

October 24, 2018

Easy

This is one of my kids go to meals. I taste delicious and is quick and easy to make which comes In handy when we are In a rush. It’s affordable and easy to find.

July 27, 2018

Best yellow pea soup ever

I love this soup but I only buy it when it's on sale. I find it to be a little pricey. When I eat this soup it takes me back to when I was a child. I think it's the only yellow peas soup around to buy, but if there is others I would still only but this brand.

July 27, 2018

High salt and fibre, good taste.

This can of soup is very large, easily enough for two people to split, maybe even three. It’s very easy to prepare, simply heat it in the microwave or on the stove and then serve. It really could not get simpler or easier than that.

The taste and texture of the soup is enjoyable, but VERY salty. The broth is quite thick, and has a very salty flavour to it. The peas themselves are firm and there is quite a lot of them, but they don’t have much flavour in and of themselves. They do provide some much-needed texture and fiber though, which is a plus.

The real downside to this soup, aside from having a salty and somewhat bland taste, is the nutritional value. This can has 90% of your daily sodium, so even for two people that’s almost 50% of your salt in one bowl of soup. It’s also tricky that the nutrition is marked down as per 250ml, but the can is more than triple that number. It's important to note that while the salt content is pretty massive, it's a giant can, so you're more likely to eat a smaller portion. Also, the fibre content is equally huge at 84 percent of your daily intake for the whole can, so at least you're getting some benefit too.

April 02, 2018

Grandmas <3

My grandma used to make me this soup all the time. I would go to her place after school and wait for my mom to pick me up and she would always make me pea soup with veggies as a snack or dinner. I miss my grandma so much and every time I see a can of pea soup I think of her. Such a good snack with a ton of memories.

March 11, 2018

Habitrpg soup

For as long as I can remember,its been a favorite of mine! it's always very comforting on a nice cold day.. it's thick and tasty.. and filling. Sometimes a bit expensive but worth it!

February 05, 2018

Ma soupe aux pois pref!

J'adore cette soupe aux pois! C'est toujours elle que j'achète quand je ne la fait pas maison! Je trouve qu'elle goûte vraiment bon, les pois ne sont ni trop dure ni trop mou!

Je vous recommande vraiment de l'essayer si vous chercher une bonne soupe aux pois!

December 16, 2017

Homemade styled pea soup.

Habitant pea soup tastes alot better than it look. It's thick with lots of split pea pieces throughout. In my opinion it tastes almost as good as homemade pea soup. I prefer the one with ham because I find It gives the soup a more gourmet taste. The only thing i would prefer is if it had more ham pieces. Another good thing about this soup is the can is large. A regular sized can of soup I could eat on my own but I would never be able to eat a can of Habitant on my own. The best part is that Habitant soups are inexpensive and often on sale.

July 26, 2017

Price is cheap, the soup is great

Habitant soupe can easily be use as lunch or supper. The soup is really creamy, offers a lot of peas and somes have little ham piece in it that add taste to the soup as well. Really easy to cook, you can enjoy a great soup whenever you want for a cheap price. Plus, it is often in sale at every grocery store there is.

May 29, 2017

One of my favorite all time soups!
    Habitant's pea soup is thick and creamy. Its also full of pea's, which you would think it would be an obvious characteristic, but similar pea soups are often runny and contain hardly any full size pea's. (I am picky with my soups). You can't beat the price, I can often find them on sale for $1 and since the can is large, you can feed more than one person, or have left overs. I recommend this soup, and if you turn up your nose and say you don't like pea's, well I don't either, but I love pea soup!

May 22, 2017

This is a must have for my family when we are making one of our favorite dishes, pea soup. The can gives a good volume for your soup base, and the taste is always just right. Not too salty but still very flavorful. The texture is nice abd creamy. This is the only brand of pea soup we buy.