1 review
Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder Reviews
#161 in Bronzer

Good - 0

May 31, 2015

I put this under bronzer but it is not a bronzer, it is a grey based brown sculpting powder. This is designed to create shadows on the face were there are none, to make your face seem more ....wait for it...sculpted. I used use bronzer for this until I heard a youtube makeup artist explain that bronzer is to add warmth to the face, whereas to create scupting you need a cool tone because shadows are cool tone. mind blown. This powder is amazing in texture and colour, but it is also super expensive. I would say that the price doesn't matter but I recently discovered a NYX matte grey based brown eyeshadow that seems to do the trick. The texture isn't as smooth as the Kevyn Aucoin but I tend to use a finishing powder and setting spray over it anyhow which helps with that so will continue to use NYX instead. I have one complaint about the packaging for this product. It is tiny and rectangular, which caused the product to hit pan unevenly and in the end a huge chunk broke away and ended up making a huge mess and wasted product, which is not a big deal unless you spent an arm and a leg for a tiny amount of product. I think a better shape for the packaging needs to be used, maybe round (like the mini pressed Makeup forever HD powder which has hit pan perfectly evenly for me and I am almost completely done without any breakage).