L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Extraordinary Clay Shampoo Reviews

3.9/5
Ranked #82 out of 1149 in Shampoo

July 27, 2017

Not so expert...

Since I was a kid, we always used L'oreal product at home. When this line came out, I told myself that I would love to see if this work. Since I had little problems with greasy hair due to winter, I had to give it a try. Unfortunately, that was a bit of a mess. My hair felt dry but only at the ends of my head. More close to my scalp, it was really itchy and after a day, I had to re-wash again because it didn't do miracle. Not that my hair are very greasy, but just enough for me to feel uncomfortable letting my hair loose instead of a ponytail. Well this line isn't for me.

July 27, 2017

Finally a shampoo that works for my hair!

I have oily roots and dry ends and when I first saw the commercial for this, I had to try it. I have tried so many other "oily hair" shampoos, why not try one more. I really like how this makes my hair feel. It works well on my roots without making the ends really dry.

May 25, 2017

I was so excited to try this shampoo but unfortunately for me, it didn't do anything. By the end of the day my hair was greasy again, and the next day I had to use dry shampoo. There was nothing special about this product and I feel like there are other drugstore brands that make my hair feel way cleaner and way softer. It does have a nice smell to it though.....

May 02, 2017

L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Extraordinary Clay Shampoo is amazing!

My hair feels so lightweight, and soft. It doesn't have anything weighting my hair down. Lathers up nicely, very little is needed. The scent is not powering but just perfect.

My daughter has been using this as well now as her hair is so oily, her hair looks so much better and healthier.

Great product from L'Oreal Paris! Highly recommended.

March 21, 2017

I was really surprised with L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Extraordinary Clay Shampoo. I was able to wait another day without washing my hair and didn't have to use a dry shampoo in between.

2.0/5

March 05, 2017

This is by far the worst shampoo I have ever used. Doesn't do what it says, it doesn't even make your hair feel clean after using it. I have oily roots and was really excited when I saw this shampoo, I've tried to give it multiple chances for almost a month now, using it in a variety of different ways to try to make it work for me but it just doesn't. My hair gets more greasy by the next day!

February 24, 2017

I love this shampoo, it makes me hair feel really soft plus it gives me an extra day between hair washes which I appreciate because it can be a lot of work washing and drying/straightening my hair more often. I definitely recommend this shampoo.

February 13, 2017

I really enjoy this shampoo! I love the way it makes my hair smell and how it leaves my hair feeling clean and looking super shiny! I definitely recommend it!!

January 24, 2017

my teen daughter had been complaining about having greasy roots - even the very next day after shampooing - We heard about this product and decided to give it a try -- she likes it a lot -- it really helps eliminate these pesky greasy roots and leaves her hair feeling soft !

January 17, 2017

I bought this for two reasons: my scalp has been getting zits for the last few months, and my hair is naturally very greasy after one day. I was hoping mostly to reduce the amount of zits I was getting, which were maybe three or four a week and were more painful than bothersome. I figured the clay was something that would help remove dirt and help dry out the scalp a bit or at least balance the oil production.

The first day I used this shampoo and conditioner, I thought my hair felt very dry and very much like it had a powdery residue as if I had used a bit of dry shampoo on it. Overall, it felt dry and was harder to comb through than normal. I wasn't happy but I continued. The second day, this feeling was reduced, and by the end of the week I have not noticed a residue on the hair anymore - it feels much softer. I don't know whether it just takes a bit of getting used to, but it seems that my hair has learned to work with it. I am still hesitant to go without washing my hair, only because I have had to work every day and want it to be presentable. Today was the first day I did not wash it and I did feel that there was a slight reduction in the greasy-ness of my hair. I still wore my hair up and used a pinch of powder dry shampoo at the roots, but overall it was MUCH better looking than usual. It wasn't stringy and the dry shampoo actually felt like it did something, which doesn't happen when I use regular shampoo and skip a wash.

I haven't noticed any NEW zits on my scalp in the last week, but I will give it more time for hormone fluctuations to see if this works. I like the smell, it is clean and not overpowering, it reminds me of something you might get at a hotel. I am prone to tossing out shampoos after a couple uses, but I am happy to keep using this one, even though I was worried about the residue from the clay.