Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara Reviews
Ranked #327 in Mascara

0.5/5

August 11, 2017

for $30 I expected more... Disappointed

I was recommended this mascara by a Spehora Associate. i have been using it daily, after using a eye lash curler, for a few months and have been extremely disappointed. Its messy, weighs down my lashes and clumps up way to easily!! Marc Jacobs should stick to designing clothing,

May 30, 2017

I got this as a sample from Sephora and I feel completely in love with it. They give my lashes so much volume. I also get lash lifts and with 1-2 coats, my lashes look amazing. I normally have short lashes that don't have a lot of curl with a lash curler.

It is an expensive product which is why I rated the value "average."
    I am going to be using this for the foreseeable future.

May 24, 2017

I received this mascara as a sample product from Sephora a couple months ago. Since then I've been using it every single day.
    Applying it is super easy and glides nicely, however the only downside while applying is that it does get on skin very easily and under brows. It's very easy to wipe off though.
    This mascara honestly creates such huge, black lashes. This is the reason I continue to use it and give it as many stars as I did. I not only continued using it, (the sample lasted for months and I used it everyday) but I did purchase it full size.
    I absolutely loved the results and finish it gave me all day long. People were asking if my eyelashes were fake, and I've never worn fake eyelashes.
    The reason I gave fewer stars for quality, is because this mascara does stay flaking at the end of the day. After about 12 hours little pieces of the mascara start flaking off and falling into my eye. Normally this would be a no more buy for me, however the effect is THAT good for this mascara, that I am willing to sacrifice that.
    I wear contacts so it does make my eyes a bit red when I'm taking it off before bed. I recdomend not using this product if you have very sensitive eyes.

3.2/5

May 19, 2017

Let me start by saying I have had the sample version and for some reason it was higher quality an I found that it didn't dry out like the full size version. BUT the full size version was PRICEY as expected with a high end brand like this. The price isn't worth it to me though. The brush got clumpy and in all honesty with how many products we have to choose from I have used and seen better formulas.. ang :/

April 28, 2017

Lashes for days using this mascara!

Love love love this mascara does such a great job coating my lashes with an even color and no clumps. I don't find the brush super big so it gets into the little spots easily and won't get mascara all over your face. Gives amazing length and my lashes praise the gods all day long!

April 17, 2017

This is my holy grail mascara. The size of the wand is just perfect, it adds a ton of volume and I really think I'm wearing false eyelashes when wearing this mascara - many people have actually asked if my eyelashes are real when infact, im just wearing the MJ mascara.

Sometimes I mix it up and use two mascaras - the Too Faced better than sex with the MJ Velvet Noir - the perfect combination.

I have bought both mascaras over 5 times because I use them so fast.
    Also, I find that I look a bit weird when i dont wear eyeliner with mascara, because the eyelashes tend to stick straight rather than curl. But the MJ mascara gives my eyelashes a natural curl, and looks great as is.

Love it!

1.5/5

July 11, 2016

I used this mascara when my favourite was out of stock. Worst decision I ever made. The packaging is so thick and bulky, the brush sucks and the formula is not the best. It does not add volume or length to my lashes or separate nicely. Too many coats and it clumps very easily. The coverage is inky which I love but in the humidity of summer it has a horrible tendency to run and create black under my eyes so I look like a raccoon. I would never purchase this again. It is also very difficult to wash off.

April 19, 2016

I got this mascara with my beauty points at Sephora. I actually needed a new one so I accepted this offer. The only bad thing I have to say about this mascara is that there is not a lot of formula inside (moreover, this was a sample size). It is so great! You have a good control over the application, the bristles are perfect: they give lenght and volume. This is one of the best, if not the best mascara I ever used.

February 27, 2016

This mascara gave great volume with just one coat. I have been using it for about a month and even though it seems like it may get too clumpy to deal with it really holds its texture over time so I am able to get the same look from the beginning of the tube until the end. I wouldn't say that it's a mascara for a beginner because it does take some practice to get the look that you want, but once you get the hang of it it's a great mascara.

January 20, 2016

Marc Jacobs velvet noir mascara looks great online but it's even better in person. The packaging is high end and is a great addition to my makeup bag.
    I usually use Benefit mascara but after using this I'm sold! My lashes were long and voluminous after only a couple of strokes. No eyelash curler needed.
    I also love that there are not parabens or sulfates.