Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Reviews

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream is designed to instantly quench skin and lock in hydration, for smooth, supple skin all day long. The unique light-weight formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream. It boosts skin's hydration level and locks it in all day. Formulated with hydrating hyaluronic acid, naturally found in skin, it acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, moisturizing with up to 1,000 times its weight in water, resulting in more supple and smooth skin:

• Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • Purified Hyaluronic acid
  • Wearable under makeup

May 31, 2020

Not was I had hoped for.

I tried this moisturizer as my face was a little drier because it was winter. I was going to try a higher priced item but then thought i'd give this a try as it was on sale as the store and I'd heard good things. Well, I was less than impressed. About 30minutes after I put it on I felt like my face had dried up and need to put something else on my face. It also felt tacky on the skin so I didn't like the feel of that either. I ended up just using it as 'extra moisturizer' for the middle of the day if I felt I needed an extra layer of something. I couldn't wait to be done the jar.

May 20, 2020

Leaves my face feeling more dry

so I have the body hydra boost and it has a scent to it that leaves your body feeling weird and kind ya dry in my opinion, since winter my face and body have been super dry so I thought this product would help but it really has not, I don’t enjoy the fragrance in it either. I would apply it every day after a shower day and night and it has not helped my skin whatsoever. Kinda disappointed since it was a little pricey.

May 14, 2020

Meh!

I should disclose that my face can be extremely dry but in saying that this did absolutely nothing for my face I had to apply twice in a 15 minute time span as I felt literally no hydration at all. However, the extra-dry version is amazing (great price), way better hydrating properties and way better results if you have very dry skin.

2.8/5

March 16, 2020

Too light

This is a very light moisturizer. It's far too light for me, and I had high hopes that it would be extra moisture because of its name. The scent literally triggered an asthma attack, and I stopped using it after the third attempt.

2.7/5

February 29, 2020

IT GIVES A BOOST BUT NOT MOISTURE

I HAD HIGH hopes for this product however it didn't deliver it madw my skin tight and tacky feeling the only way it worked for me was to apply a moisturizer on top. Then my skin looked good and makeup went on great, but alone it didn't feel very good on my skin

February 25, 2020

Pretty Colour, but that's it

This gel cream is very lightweight, perhaps even too lightweight. My skin doesn't feel refreshed or moisturizes, I merely feel slightly less dry and sticky. One good thing is that the cream does dry down pretty quickly, but after it essentially evaporates, I can't even feel it on my skin. Would not buy again because there are so many better options.

2.3/5

January 07, 2020

Not for me

I have heard amazing things about this product so I purchased it hoping I would love it as much as everyone else does. It is fairly pricey for a drugstore product so I had high hopes. I'm not usually a fan of gel moisturizers and this one ended up being no exception. I put it on and it immeadiately sunk right into my skin, leaving it feeling more dry and tight as if there was a film over my skin. I woke up the next day with big cystic acne bumps all over my face. I tried using it a few more days but I ended up returning out. The ingredients in this product are not good if you have acne prone skin and I would not recommend it unless perhaps you have very oily skin and you just want something lightweight.

2.7/5

November 27, 2019
    Coventry, United Kingdom

My skin didn't feel hydrated

Unfortunately this particular product in the range just wasn't for me. When i applied the product I always felt like I needed more and when I applied foundation over the top it felt like I had forgotten to moisturise, maybe its just my skin that didn't agree with this product, other items in this range have been fab but this one just wasn't for me. I do love the packaging though.

May 08, 2019

Definitely recommend it.

I tried this on a whim because I had a coupon and decided to give it a shot. It's not my usual brand but I loved the fresh scent and it was really light and hydrating! Does not feel heavy either, great for under make up too.

March 20, 2019

Good summer moisturizer

Effective moisturizer for the summer months and hotter climates. But not great in the dry winter months. Best when used on wet skin to have great moisturizing results.