Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Reviews

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream is designed to instantly quench skin and lock in hydration, for smooth, supple skin all day long. The unique light-weight formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream. It boosts skin's hydration level and locks it in all day. Formulated with hydrating hyaluronic acid, naturally found in skin, it acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, moisturizing with up to 1,000 times its weight in water, resulting in more supple and smooth skin:

• Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • Purified Hyaluronic acid
  • Wearable under makeup
    3.2/5

September 26, 2021
    Bexley, United Kingdom

Decent!

Lovely consistency, I found it to be slightly tacky on my skin which may be loved by some but I prefer a soft sheen to my own. Not much of a scent but great at moisturising.

May 29, 2021

Great moisturizer for acne prone skin

This product feels so silky and goes on smoothly. It absorbs into skin fast and doesn't make your skin feel greasy at all. I have sensitive acne prone skin. I've tried many different moisturizers that made me break out but this product didn't make me break out. Great moisturizer! I did however, find it too drying for around my eyes. I love this product and recently purchased the version with spf 25 and it works just as great!

May 28, 2021

This product is good but not excellent for acne prone skin

If you’ve got oily and acne-prone skin, finding a decent moisturiser that doesn’t turn you into an oil tank by afternoon is not an easy task. Out of the many different formulas I’ve tried over the years, only a few products truly suited my problematic skin well. Today’s review is about Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel, which I bought a few months back. Let’s see how it worked for my skin. The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel comes in a light blue coloured pot with a twist up lid. The packaging looks pretty, but I would prefer a pump bottle so, you don’t have to keep putting your fingers inside the pot to dig out the product. The packaging is quite bulky and not hygienic at all. However, it’s quite sturdy. I have dropped it a few times but, it’s still intact.Firstly, talking about its texture and consistency, the texture is in between that of a gel and water. Its consistency is thin, runny and translucent. It absorbs very quickly into the skin as if your skin gulps in all at once, and no matter how much product you use, it doesn’t turn your skin greasy, which is a big yay. Once absorbed, it leaves your skin incredibly smooth with an almost matte finish. The water gel does hydrate the skin very well. Just a pea-sized amount is all you need for face and neck, which means it will last longer. My husband has been using this every night before bed for almost four weeks, and I’ve also used it a few times in the morning, and I’m nowhere near the halfway mark.There is a fragrance to this product, and it smells clean and fresh to me. I love the scent of this product. It’s mild and soothing but might not suit sensitive noses. It hydrates the skin so well and provides such a perfect makeup finish if you wear it underneath your makeup. I like everything about it, except the fact that it broke out my skin. I started getting breakouts after using this, which is pretty common and happens in case of the majority of products. Only a few skincare products suit my skin or I must say, my skin is very choosy when it comes to skincare and makeup. Apart from that, I loved it as all its claims are absolutely true.

Pros of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel:
    Attractive packaging.
    The jar is pretty sturdy as I’ve dropped it a few times, and it never broke.
    Non-greasy, lightweight moisturiser; perfect for everyday wear.
    Easily absorbs into the skin.
    Keeps my skin hydrated.
    Suits all skin types.
    Dermatologically-tested.
    Amazing texture.
    Semi-matte finish, acts as a good base for makeup.
    Soothing smell.
    No SPF.
    A little goes a long way.
    Cons of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel:
    Contains parabens.
    Expensive.
    Scent might bother sensitive noses.

May 03, 2021

Not for me

I got this after reading good reviews but it simply is not for me
    I always have had to follow this up with another layer of moisturiser.
    I did not even reach half of the tub and had to give it to my housemate

April 13, 2021

Amazing product

This is one of the best moisturiser I've used. Leave skins very soft. Used both morning and night as my skin was breaking out so needed to give it a boost

April 05, 2021
    United States

Just ok

For a drug store moisturizer it’s not bad. But if your gonna spend close to 20$, spend a little more and get Clinique moisture surge, it’s amazing.. but for a drug store moisturizer I do give this one a thumbs up, if your on a budget this would be a good go to moisturizer.

March 31, 2021

Good product for the price

This is a decent product for a department store moisturizer. I like how smooth it feels and that it has hyaluronic acid in it. I will continue to purchase this product.

March 12, 2021
    Hartlepool, United Kingdom

Just OK!

This didn't really impress me that much! I wanted something to keep my face hydrated as my skin was feeling really dry, I didn't think it really made much of a difference. Its a really nice feeling moisturiser and sinks into the skin easily but just didn't do the job I'd hoped it would.

February 18, 2021

Great but fragrance is strong

I use this product in my summer skincare routine because it is light yet moisturizing and cooling. I love everything about this cream except for the fragrance... The scent is just too strong.

January 06, 2021

Good Hydration

This gel cream is a great addition to my skin care routine especially in the dry winter months. I found it to sting my face when I first used it but that went away after a couple uses and haven’t experienced it since. I like that this product doesn’t clog my pores and has a cool soothing feel to it.