Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF30 Reviews

ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

May 29, 2019

Good body sunscreen but...

I already reviewed this sunscreen last year but the one with a higher SPF content (50 versus 30). My thoughts still remains the same: good body chemical sunscreen but I rather have something better on my face even though the white cast fades away quickly. I tend to opt for a lower alcohol content in terms of facial sunscreens. The fragrance and (uncessary) colorants in this product definitely are a downside for me but nothing overpowering.

I appreciate the average SPF coverage (30) and the added hydration component (hyaluronic acid), which is always appreciated during spring and summer seasons. But knowing there is a SPF50 of the same product in the market, I would rather get that one instead.

I received this sunscreen complimentary from the brand and Chickadvisor in exchange of my honest opinion.

I like

Was lucky enough to be able to try this as part of the product review club.
    The packaging is nice & bright - reminds me of blue skies. Was a little hesitant when I saw hyaluronic acid, was scared it may react to my skin - not that I have sensitive skin but I try to stay away from products with this ingredient. I did not have a reaction to this. I like that it has a nice floral scent, not too strong, nor did it smell like some suntan lotions. This water-gel sunscreen was nice & light, not heavy on the skin, was not greasy/oily at all nor did it clog my pores- no breakouts. I very much liked the texture of this sunscreen, will definitely be a staple for me for now on.

May 29, 2019

Summer Season calls for sunscreen!

We are sticklers at our house when it comes to sunscreen. The Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel sunscreen was lightweight and perfect for those hot summer days. I am sensitive to smell and I liked the scent on this one as well!

May 29, 2019

Works well- doesn’t dry out my skin

I got this sunscreen for free to try from Chick Advisor in a weekend essentials sample pack!

I found it went on very light and silky, very mild smell, and didn’t make my face feel sticky or have me break out afterwards , which I’ve found happens with some other sunscreen. I’ve switched to primarily this brand because of that.

I hike and swim a lot and my husband and I love being outdoors so this will definitely come in handy for when we’re out in the sun for a long period of time

May 29, 2019

Une protection pour la peau

J'ai eu la chance de tester l'écran solaire hydro-gel de Neutrogena gratuitement. J'ai trouvé la lotion un peu liquide vu qu'elle a un FPS de 30, mais elle donc facile à appliquer sur la peau. Une petite quantité suffit pour bien recouvrir toutes les parties du corps et elle rentre rapidement dans la peau. Je recommande l'écran solaire Hydro Boost, car elle a un odeur agréable, elle est hydratante et elle ne fait pas d'effet de gras sur la peau.

May 29, 2019

Perfect water gel sunscreen with no white cast!

I received the Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel sunscreen with SPF 30 for free to test out and provide my honest review. This sunscreen is amazing! I love that it’s a gel so it does not leave a white cast behind! It’s very light and non greasy. It absorbed quickly into my skin. I also tried it under foundation on my face and i had no issues with makeup application. Since it does not leave a white cast on your face it does not alter the shade of your foundation! I have been searching for a good lotion with spf for daily use on my face and I have finally found the perfect one! It’s also great that it does not clog pores and the scent is very light.

My favorite sunscreen

This is our to go sunscreen every summer We’ve used this for 2 years I really love it because of the texture it quench my skin and doesn’t feel greasy at all.
    Recommended for whole family.

Great product !

I have to wear sunscreen due to having melanoma so I always love trying new products. This product is amazing. Mom sticky and lightweight I love it. Great !

May 29, 2019

Une protection solaire si légère qu’on l’oublie

J’étais heureuse de recevoir l’écran solaire Hydro Boost de Neutrogena en #cadeau pour l’évaluer étant donné que la période estivale se pointe le bout du nez. J’applique toujours la protection solaire avec recul, car je n’aime pas la texture collante ou l’impression de lourdeur qu’elle laisse sur ma peau. Je lève mon chapeau à Neutrogena pour cette crème solaire qui ne laisse pas de résidus collants ou gras. Elle est donc confortable à porter et je ne suis pas inquiète des traces qu’elle pourrait laisser sur mes vêtements. Sa texture légère et fluide s’étend rapidement et sans effort. J’ai trouvé que ma peau était plus hydratée après son usage. Son odeur neutre et délicate est aussi apprécié.

Normalement, je prends une formule spéciale pour le visage, mais la crème solaire Hydro Boost a parfaitement été tolérée par la peau de mon visage. Pratique de n’avoir besoin que d’un seul produit! De plus, son format 88ml me permet de le trimballer avec moi aisément. Je vous recommande ce produit pour son efficacité, son application facile et son prix raisonnable (autour de 15$).

Saskatchewan, Canada

Fast Absorbing and Protects against the UV Rays

I really like this sunscreen that I have been using. My skin is very fair and I burn very easily and when I applied this on my face and upper body I noticed that I didn't get a burn while working in my garden this week. I did have too apply it twice because it is only an SPF 30 but it was effective when I did that.

The texture is light, gel, and glides on very smoothly on my skin. I like that I don't need too use a ton of this product for it too actually work. When I applied it on my face my skin didn't look or feel greasy which is a huge bonus for me. The only downside is the added blue color in this product. I don't think its necessary nor is it good for anyones skin. White or clear is just fine, works the same in my opinion. With that said I will be purchasing this again in the future and possibly a higher strength if it comes in one.

I received this product for free from ChickAdvisor! Thanks again girls!! xo