NYX Professional Makeup Bare With Me Hydrating Jelly Primer Reviews

Play it cool with Bare With Me Hydrating Jelly Primer. This water-based primer hydrates and softens the appearance of pores for a bright, fresh-looking glow, creating an even base for smooth makeup application. Infused with cucumber and aloe extracts, your complexion will feel soft and refreshed.

Cool tidbit: the amazing jelly texture bounces back into place no matter how much you scoop out.

You might also like Bare With Me Tinted Skin Veil and Bare With Me Prime. Set. Refresh. Multitasking Spray

Love!

I have been wanting to try a primer like this for a while now. I found it did a great job at both ensuring my skin was hydrated before foundation and making my pores look smaller. It was super easy to apply and honestly kind of fun!

I received this product free for testing.

I found a new primer!

I was so happy to receive my package before my trip to Vegas mainly because of this primer. I knew the weather in Las Vegas was going to dry out my face BADLY. This primer was a GAME CHANGER! it kept my face hydrated, and was very light weight. I will be changing this to my daily primer

Must have product

This water based product is a must have for everybody who has combination to oily skin. Perfect formulation for wear before make up.
    There's a quickly penetration with a minimum quantity aplication and has a nice finish. Reduces shine and prepar skin for next steps.
    As esthetician, i would recommend for my clients with oily issues.

Jelly Texture

*Disclosure: I received this product complimentary from ChickAdvisor for testing/review purposes. #gotitfree

This NYX Bare With Me Hydrating Jelly Primer has a jelly texture and consistency. Once applied, it felt like a hydrating mask/moisturizer. It feels very hydrating and refreshing on the skin.

The primer has a bit of a sticky feel but after applying a foundation, the stickiness is no longer there. In fact, the primer did help prime the skin and made it easy for the foundation to go on, leaving a smooth even-skin canvas.

Overall, this jelly primer does a great job as being the base for makeup and I also love how the jelly "bounces back" after digging into the product.

Wow!

Ce gel hydratant après maquillage fait maintenant parti de ma routine de soin de la peau. Il sent très bon et laisse ma peau d’une allure saine et douce. Je la recommande!

#gotitfree

Interesting texture

I got to try this NYX product in exchange for a Chick Advisor review. I was a little surprised by the consistency of the primer. It certainly is cool and jelly like. I’m not always a fan of primers that don’t squeeze out of a tub as I’m worried about contaminating the rest of the product, but that said, the jelly like substance works well to prime my face for foundation and had not caused any breakouts. :)

October 08, 2019

Good primer, little pricey for drugstore

The primer has a nice slip, it's easy to apply and dries down slightly tacky. Helps makeup adhere to my face and doesn't ball up under. Can't say much in terms of hydration, since I have combo skin and only need the primer on my tzone. The only thing I'd say is that it's a little pricey for a drugstore product at $22. However NYX is more of the "high end drugstore" so I'm not too surprised. The packaging is a soft pink plastic tub, which is sturdy and good quality for a drugstore brand. Overall a good product for making makeup last, but a little pricey. Would buy again if it went on sale in store.
    I was gifted this product from NYX/chickadvisor for review. All opinions are my own.

Amazing texture!

Received this product from chickadvisor to try in return of my honest opinion. I'm so sick of oil based primer, especially when it clogged your pores and when you have eyelash extensions its causes more shedding.
    Glad to try this water based primer, the texture is actually like pudding, it's soft and melt in your skin. Making it looks plumper and hydrated.

October 07, 2019

Interesting formula helped makeup stay put

The jelly primer was such an interesting formula! I wasn't sure what to make of it but I wound up really liking it with makeup. Sometimes I use a primer on its own but this isn't one of those. It does go a bit tacky and that really helped to keep the foundation in place, but that means that it's not great to wear without makeup on top. It was also a bit hard to gauge how much to use and it was hard to get out an exact amount using your fingers because of the consistency. Using a silicone scoop made getting out the right amount of product easier.

October 07, 2019

A primer that works!

I am happy to report that I have been using this NYX Jelly Primer for the last few weeks and I love it! A small amount goes a long way, so the jar will last for quite some time. I have been using this primer after a small amount of facial moisturizer, then I apply my foundation, if needed. It provides moisture to my skin and cancels out any pores and imperfections in the texture of my facial skin. My makeup doesn't move and it continues to look fresh all day! It also does not allow my makeup to settle into pores or fine lines, it almost fills them in instead. I have semi-sensitive skin and it has not made me breakout. Thanks to Chickadvisor and NYX for the free product in exchange for my honest review.