PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

POWERBAR PLANT PROTEIN ALMOND, SEA SALT AND DARK CHOCOLATE

This is a delicious bar. I was really happy to see it is nothing like other peanut-based protein bars I've had that were very mealy. The 11 g of protein, for the most part, comes from pea protein. It doesn't taste at all like peas and I'm glad that it is all natural and vegetable protein, but not soy.

These bars are great if you're active but if you're inactive mainly at your desk, like me, this has 280 calories (120 calories from fat) and is something to think about. Some people won't like that it has cane sugar (8 g) but I don't mind that--and am just glad it doesn't use corn syrup. There are no artificial colors or sweeteners. It has 14g fat (3.5g saturated), 0 cholesterol, 150 mg of sodium (only 6% ADR) 22g of carbohydrate which includes nearly 28% of the ADR of dietary fiber. No soy, no gluten.

If you can manage the calories, this is a really good snack bar (even half with a cup of coffee is very satisfying).

July 04, 2018

Sweet and Salty and packed with protein

I received a sample of this powerbar as part of a ChickAdvisor panel. The bars themselves are packaged so you can see the texture of the bars - nuts, chocolate and all. The bars pack in quite a bit of flavor and they are great. Sweet and salty! I hope these aren’t as pricey as other bars as I’d love to get more of them in the future.

Great snack on the go

Love this new plant based protein bar. Tastes much more like a granola bar, or even a chocolate bar, and it contains a respectable amount of protein with lower sugar than other brands. Perfect for bridging the gap between meals or as energy on the go

Perfectly Salty & Sweet

Me and family really enjoyed this bar. Great balance of salty and sweet. Good, crunchy texture and filling. An ideal snack for in between meals and great for on the go. I will purchase this bar in the future. Thanks to XYStuff for the opportunity to test and review thisprodcut. #gotitfree #XYStuff #PowerBar

yummy

the texture of the protein bar was amazing- crunchy and soft but i will say it was a little too sweet for my liking- i would buy it only if it is on sale :)

Yummy bars

We try this product very nice healthy and tasty.my family like it and love it so much. Our friends and family members also like it and love it so much. I love it so much. Feel like it all of it.thanks for this product.

Good quality ingredients

Looking at the label, you'll find good quality ingredients and protein. Saying that, I wasn't a fan of the taste. The only reason I pick a bar over a powder is because it's more of a treat to me. I wouldn't eat this again.

I received this product complimentary in exchange for an honest review.

Enjoyable

I liked it - it was a good consistency and kept me feeling full, I would buy it again. Some found it too chewy but I liked it as it wasn't a quick fix granola bar.

Yum!!

I was so excited to get these bars as a free sample from CA! Not o my are they vegan which is important to me, they tasted amazing! I would for sure buy again!

The Perfect Vegan Protein Bar

I LOVE these bars - they have become my go-to snack on the run.

As a vegan, its not always easy to find snack or protein meal replacement bars. I was so excited when I found Power Bar had come out with the new plant based line, as Power Bar has always been one of my favorite brands. These bars do NOT disappoint - they are the perfect combination of salty and sweet, and don't taste like some of the other bland plant based products out there.

Not to mention - I have shared these with all my non-vegan friends who actually prefer these bars over many other products out there today!