4.1/5
Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer Reviews
#174 in Primer

January 14, 2018

Afforable and Works Great!

Rimmel Stay Primer is a mattifying makeup primer. Their is a few different types to choose from. This one is (purple) controls shine, minimizing pores, it hyrdates and smoothes your skin.

This is a thick white cream, only a small amount is needed and blends nicely on your face. I use a moisturizer first and let it set, then I apply my primer. I can wear this alone with foundation or with my foundation and still look great!

I don't find it hard to blend like others have suggested. It keeps my make up and pores set for most of the day.

It's also afforable. Would recommend.

October 31, 2017

Very drying

This product is inexpensive, gets good reviews however I am not a fan. I found it made my skin very tight and dried my skin out. Since it made my skin drier I could not apply my foundation properly. A total waste of money for me.

October 19, 2017

Really keep you matte

I am pretty new to this whole face primer before putting foundation on however I have oily to combination skin and was getting tired of my face being so oily after putting my foundation on that decided to try the primer. After trying an initial one by NYC that didn't really make a difference I decided to try this one. Boy am I amazed, it keeps me matt for most of the day, I do get a bit oil mid day but it is 90% better than without it. It is at a pretty good price point of about $9 CDN at Walmart. The only thing I find a bit tricky is that it is thick, and its a little hard to spread but not a big deal for me.

1.5/5

October 09, 2017

i would not buy this product again

i feel as if this product is really drying. it turns white after a while on my face and when i rub on it, it comes straight off as if it were dead skin.

July 28, 2017

Keeps Me Matte All Day

To keep this simple, I created a pro and con list. See below.

Pros:
    - Keeps me matte for hours
    - Does a decent job of blurring pores
    - I can use it without make up and no one ever notices
    - Does not cause me to break out

Cons:
    - If you use too much, the excess will start rubbing off

It is a white cream like primer so the texture is on the thicker side. I have oily/combination which is acne prone. It's a great drugstore option.

May 05, 2017

Yessssssss. Did some research before buying to see what primers were best for oily skin. I wanted a drug store brand this time. So amazing even compares to Smashbox Photo Finish. Keeps my foundation matte all day. So blessed to find this. And cheap too! $10!

October 20, 2016

This stuff is great, It extends the life of my foundation. Hides pores and it does not clog my pores. I have been using this for a month now and it even seems to moisturize. I always have a good face day when I use this primer. it is also only like 10 dollars. It comes in a nicely sized tube.

March 21, 2016

Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer is an excellent product. I have sensitive skin and have had no problems or breakouts with this product. This product goes on smooth and is light weight. This is a must have!

March 21, 2016

This stuff is amazing! You can't beat the price and it helps my make up stay on all day! I only have to use my blotting papers a couple of times and powder maybe once! I have noticed a huge improvement since using this primer, it is now my go to! Try it, it's worth it!

March 09, 2016

This primer is ok for oily skin types, but definitely not perfect as I still need to touch up my makeup 2-3 times throughout the day with it on. It's orderless which is nice for my sensitive skin, and blends well into the skin. It's my favourite drug store primer and way better than the Maybelline Baby Skin primer.