Schwarzkopf Root Retoucher - Dark Brown Reviews

Temporary root cover spray that instantly covers lighter and grey regrowth in a few seconds. Available in 6 colours

Le vaporisateur temporaire correcteur de racines qui couvre instantément les repousses moins foncées et le gris en quelques secondes. Disponible en 6 couleurs

Cover those roots!

I was able to try Schwarzkopf Root Retoucher free through Chick Advisor. My roots are predominantly grey and very visible against my dark hair.

The product is simple to use, just spray on like dry shampoo. It did cover the grey but left my hair matte with shine. The spray lasted all day.

Saskatchewan, Canada

A bit disappointed

I received this product free to try and review. I found it hard to control where I wanted the spray to go, so I didn't get it only on the grey areas but on the rest of my hair which I didn't like. I also felt it left my hair feeling like it had a "needing to wash" texture. It felt powdery to me and I felt it was very visible. Not sure I would want to go in public with it. I would feel like everyone would notice I tried to cover the grey. I will try using it again and give it a chance. Maybe there is a "trick" to applying it. I hate to be the negative one with this product but this is just my honest opinion I guess.

February 12, 2018

This is not a long-term solution to grey hair, as it does wash out easily, but it's a great product for those times when you want something quick and easy to help combat those nasty roots.

2.7/5

Not what I thought

I've tried using the product 3 times and to be very honest I did not like it. Mostly the overall result, but also the smell of it and its consistency. I've used the same product from different brands and it's an ok solution for grey roots, but this time it was very behind my expectations.
    I use other hair products from the same brand and I love it, but not this time.

February 12, 2018

Great job, but only good for quick, short-term fix

I used this product as I got it free to give my opinion on it.

It works well to cover grey hair. I did get some on my scalp as the nozzle is a little hard to direct. But, it was easily removed with baby wipes or makeup wipes. It stayed rather well until next day when I washed it out.

Trial day #2 I gave it more of a challenge. I sprayed in morning and did a quick touchup in the evening. This time I got very little on my scalp. That night I went out n I sweated. Uh oh...noticed some brown on my forehead, but it was minimal. Next morning there was still 75% coverage. I didn't wash my hair. By that evening it was 60% coverage. By next morning, it was maybe 25% coverage and time to wash.

Would I buy it again? Honestly, probably not. The times I would use it, I usually am going somewhere to sweat and, unfortunately, that is not it's strong suit.

Photos are a before and after. After you can see a solid brown vs a mixture of grey and brown in before.

Good coverage!

I liked how easy it was to use and also the colour matching to my dark brown hair. The scent was pleasant and not overwhelming. I didn’t like that it washed out so quickly however. I’m not sure I’d purchase in future.

February 12, 2018

Convenient affordable but average on white hair

It's a nice convenient product but not that effective on white hair.
    I liked it though. It works like a hair spray so super easy to use.
    I liked the size too. It easily fits a purse in case of "emergency"
    I wish it was a little more effective on white hair though.

February 12, 2018

I wish I could be regular at going to the hairdresser to not need this but, i am not! You can spray it on just like dry shampoo to the roots and the colour goes on evenly. This was the perfect cover for my in between days

2.0/5

Pas très efficace

J'ai des repousses châtaines avec quelques cheveux blancs. J'ai été déçue de ce produit, ne couvre pas bien et surtout son aspect n'est pas naturel. Mes cheveux semblaient poudrés, comme un shampoing sec qui collait à mes racines.

February 12, 2018

Omg this product is amazing.

This product is amazing i cant say that enough. I try to color my hair the least amount as possible but is difacult because of my greying hair with this product root touchup it takes very little to cover grey hair and it stays put. The only issue is it came with no instructions .I have used other company product that do the same effect but i am impressed by the quality of this one . I will last after one mild shampooing .:)