Shimmer Lights Shampoo Reviews
#239 in Hair Care

August 01, 2020

No more brass

This shampoo works perfectly for keeping that brassy tone at bay with my balayage. Works like a charm and it's very thick so a little bit goes a long way.

April 11, 2020

This stuff works!

As a natural brunette, I had to combat brass after I went blonde. I tried so many different purple shampoos but none of them made much of an impact, until I found Shimmer Lights. This stuff is amazing, takes virtually all yellow tones out in one use, and if you have some more intense warmth in your hair just leave it on in the shower for 5-10 minutes and it’s gone!

October 22, 2019
    California, United States

Always use this

I love this purple shampoo because it actually works to get the brassy-ness out of my blonde hair. The only downfall is that it kind of dries out my hair but I still use it and just deep condition my hair once a week. If I’m feeling really brassy I will put it on my hair dry, but you have to be careful not to leave it on too long because it can turn it purple.

July 03, 2019

Hands-Down the Best for Blondes

I have tried many purple shampoos for my ash-blonde ombre hair, and this one stands out as the best. I have tried a number of brands, tints, etc and this one still stands out from the crowd. The purple pigment is super rich, and is absolutely the most effective at zapping yellow and brassy tones from blonde or silver/white hair. Helps me extend the life of my hair before going to the salon. Always worth the trip to the specialty store to purchase, and definitely worth every penny!

June 05, 2019

Best for blonde hair

This is ultimately my favorite shampoo to use on blonde hair.. it gets all the yellow gold tone out to keep my hair a nice white tone.. it also works great as a toner on dry hair. It does dry the hair out a little. But I use it once a week. I mix some of it with regular shampoo for daily washing to prevent drying out but keeping the light blonde shade. I've tried almsot every purple shampoo and always go back to this one.. been using it for 6years now.. and nothing better than this..

November 14, 2018

Highly recommend

I've used this shampoo everytime I've gone from dark to light hair and it is amazing. It's difficult to dye hair from dark to light without it turning it orange at first. I've used this shampoo and it makes such a difference. Everytime I used it I get asked if I've dyed my hair again because the results are so drastic. If you already have bleach blonde hair and try to use it, it may make your hair look a bit purple though.

August 07, 2018

BEST PURPLE SHAMPOO EVER

i was given this shampoo when i was younger after i died my hair (originally brunette died blonde). i absolutely raved and loved this stuff back then. Then i decided to stop dying my hair for almost 10 years and when i decided this year before my wedding to dye my hair blonde again my hair dresser recommended i try this shampoo. she gave me the bottle and OMG was i ever excited and shocked! this product is still around and works just as great as it did when i was younger! I LOVE THIS STUFF>. no brassy colours, always fresh and blonde. love it

June 21, 2018

Perfect for my Balayage

I got a dusty blonde/brown balayage and my friend (with silver hair) recommended Shimmer Lights to me. It really keeps your hair in the same condition that you leave the salon in! At first I only used it once a week but still found my hair to be brassy, but I discovered a neat trick where you apply to your hair dry and let it sit for 30 minutes before washing it out and I have noticed night and day differences. People keep complimenting my hair and wondering if I toned it or redid it professionally.

June 19, 2018

Absolutely amazing for blondes!

This is my absolute favourite purple shampoo for blonde hair. It gets rid of any brassy tones, but won’t turn your hair purple. Kept my hair platinum for months! Only con is the smell isn’t that great and it can be drying so use a good deep conditioner.

May 05, 2018

Does the job

This purple shampoo does take the brassy out of my hair, but it is a little expensive and is quite drying to the hair , I normally just use it on my roots