The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Reviews
#1 in Books

Publisher's Description:
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

June 14, 2013

I admit I didn't cave into reading this book until I saw the movie trailer, but i'm so glad I read it! This is an amazing book, one that an assortment of people will enjoy. You will not want to put it down.

May 04, 2013

I'm not going to lie and say I was one of those people that could tell they would instantly love this book. I had heard about it but it just didn't seem like it would be my cup of tea. I kept putting it off until I was the only one at work who hadn't read it. So I borrowed the trilogy from a co-worker and over the course of 1 week, I was done reading all of them. I couldn't believe how fascinating and well written they were. I highly recommend this to anyone that loves a good book. If you've seen the movie, read the book.... it's better :)

January 27, 2013

A great read for almost every age! My mom enjoyed it just as much as I did! we both read it in less than two days and couldn't put it down!

January 19, 2013

i love the book . i have seen the movie.. the book is better .

November 28, 2012

Loved this book! Great movie too!

October 10, 2012

SUPER hyped up but a very enjoyable easy read! The other two books in the series are not nearly as riveting, but still an enjoyable teenage dystopian novel.

October 07, 2012

When the Hunger Games movie came out I finally decided it was time to borrow this book from my sister and read it. Everyone was talking about it and I decided it was about time to get in on the conversation.

First off, the story line and characters hooked me from the start. I was obesessed with what was going on with them and could not put this book down. This is also one of those odd times when both the book and the movie are extremely well done. Loved this series!

October 07, 2012

The book of course was a rollercoaster couldnt put it down.. Very descriptive

September 14, 2012

Love the story very interesting to read. Kept me wanting to keep on reading.

August 19, 2012

I could not put this book down. When I first heard about it I thought this book was for children but once I started reading it I was addicted. I read this book in 2 days and had to read the next. The story is great but the writing of the book could be a little stronger. Overall this book is a great read.