• Yves Veggie Cusine Veggie Bacon Strips

Yves Veggie Cusine Veggie Bacon Strips Reviews

Ranked #1489 out of 2373 in Grocery

Taste

May 09, 2017

I'm a "sometimes" vegetarian and one of those rare people who actually don't like bacon all that much due to the greasiness. That doesn't mean I don't crave a good BLT every now and then and these actually help fill that craving!

Out of the package these do look a little strange and don't particularly smell like bacon. But once you start cooking them (you will want to use a little olive oil so that they cook up nice and don't burn) you would swear there was bacon sizzling on the grill! You'll want to cook these on a low/medium heat setting as they can and will burn easily. It is possible to get them relatively crispy for a more authentic BLT experience. On their own they are not too bad (say as a side for eggs for example) although there is a slight chewiness that is more obvious when eaten this way so in a sandwich is where these really shine.

I've made a BLT using these for several bacon loving friends and they have all said they thought it was delicious and much different than they were expecting. These are on my regular grocery list and have been for a couple of years now.

If you're a vegetarian, a vegan or would just like something a little less fatty every now and then, I urge you to give this product a try!

Updated On: May 09, 2017

How did I forget to mention the taste? These aren't an exact copy of bacon but in the sandwich anyway they definitely have some of that smoky bacon flavour that won't disappoint you.

Taste

September 08, 2015

Ok so I was a little bit hesitant to try these out at first, but they are actually pretty good! And the perfect addition to my breakfast now. I am a vegetarian and I love Yves products, I am so grateful that there are ways for me to enjoy getting my protein without eating any meat.