BECCA Cosmetics Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector Reviews

Ranked #92 out of 353 in Primer

February 18, 2017

This is the first silicone-free primer that actually works on my oily skin. It does an amazing job of preventing oil-breakthrough throughout the day and minimising pores. It works best if you pat a very small amount of it on oily areas. It's much less effective if you use too much product. I would recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

December 21, 2016

This is my second favorite primer for my t-zone. It is amazing if you have oily skin or get shiny throughout the day. Just take a small amount, warm it up with your fingers then pat it on your problem spots. It works like a charm. It can feel a bit drying though, so I wouldn't recommend using if you have dry skin.

August 25, 2016

Amazing, I just got a sample at Sephora, because I have heard so many good reviews about it, so I give it a tried before buying the whole product, So far I like it, helps me to keep at the bay the oils of my face, and also minimize a little my pores

February 04, 2016

To all my oily skin ladies, this primer is seriously for you. I pretty much have tried every oil control primer that is out on the market. This is the only primer that I've tried that has kept me matte the longest. I have VERY oily skin so, I still get a little shiny throughout the day but this primer does a really good job at helping me not look super greasy by the end of the day. I like to apply this primer over my foundation. I tried using it under my foundation & it didn't work out so good doing it that way. I only apply it on my t-zone. You have to rub it in your fingers & then pat it onto the skin. A little bit goes a long way so, this product will last you.

January 11, 2016

I have been searching for a primer that works well with my t-zone shine, and random, patchy dryness. I am so happy I decided to bite the bullet and buy this expensive primer, because it is by far, the most superior product I have EVER used to prime my face.

I was only able to scoop up the travel size because the full size was sold out at Sephora, so for $18 (CAD), you get 12ml/0.40 fl.oz. The packaging describes it as "a liquid blotting paper" to leave skin matte for up to 12 hours, and it is not a lie. Every single time I have used this, my problem skin has looked flawless.

I wouldn't describe this as the type of primer that you'd want to use all over your face, so before using, I suggest making sure your face is well moisturized and/or primed with something hydrating. Then, I usually dispense a pea sized amount on the back of my hand. You can use more or less depending on the space you need to prime. I then dot it onto the parts of my face with large pores, and all areas I tend to get greasy. I will then use my fingertips to pat the product in until it feels tacky. This is when I feel my foundation goes on the best, and also ensures the product is dry.

I feel like my foundation glides on so much smoother, and lasts longer.

Overall, the packaging is just normal. Nothing fancy. The scent of the product is kind of just like a scent-free moisturizer, and the colour is a translucent off-white.

September 24, 2015

After trying almost every primer on the market, this is my HOLY GRAIL! This primer hides all pores and imperfections without settling into my lines. It is hands down the best primer I have ever used and is decently priced compared to many of the other high end primers out there. It makes makeup look flawless and stays all day.

September 18, 2015

I’ve been wanting to try Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector for quite some time. I was really excited to get my package from Sephora, but to be honest, for all the hype, I wasn’t that impressed.

I typically use M.A.C Prep + Prime Skin as my primer for everyday makeup wear. But beauty bloggers worldwide have been raving about Becca’s primer so of course, I had to get my hands on it to see what all the fuss was about. I decided to get a travel size tube from Sephora which retails for $18.00. A full size bottle is 1.35 oz and costs $44.00.

The texture of this primer is almost like a creamy, Vaseline type of feel. I used it sparingly across my nose and around that area of my face. The pores in this area of my face are huge and can be seen from a distance. Even though the texture of the primer was like Vaseline, it didn’t apply greasy at all. The finish was very smooth and matte indeed. I waited a few minutes and then applied my makeup. By about 10am is when I can really tell if I’m going to have a good face day. The primer was doing an okay job I suppose. But I just couldn’t see the difference between using this primer and my typical M.A.C primer.

In conclusion – I prefer M.A.C Prep + Prime Skin. I like that it comes out as a lightweight foam and I can see it filling in my pores when I apply it to my face. I like that the finish is silky smooth and it makes my face feel so soft that the makeup just glides right on. I also like the fact that Prep + Prime has little light reflectors that make my skin glisten. In fact, I sometimes wear it on non-makeup days just so I still look pulled together.

If you’re looking for a primer, give Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector a try. But if you already have something that’s working for you – just stick to it. Sometimes what we need is already right in front of us.