Confessions of a Shopaholic: the Movie (2009) Reviews

Ranked #934 out of 973 in DVD

Fall in love with the adorable Becky Bloomwood (Isla Fisher) in the hilarious romantic comedy Confessions Of A Shopaholic. Becky s desperate for a job writing for a high-fashion magazine in glamorous New York. She gets her stilettos in the door writing a personal finance column at a sister publication. Much to her surprise, her column, The Girl In The Green Scarf, becomes a hit, and she falls head over high heels for her handsome, overworked boss (Hugh Dancy). But Becky has a secret that leads to some hilarious high jinks that could unravel it all. From the best-selling novel, and featuring the perfect comedic cast, it s the feel-good romantic comedy you ll fall in love with over and over.

Bonus Features Include: Bloopers, deleted scenes, music video Stuck with Each Other.

April 23, 2015

Classic chick flick film. Pretty girl, hot guy, fall in love....
Not bad if you're just looking for a fluffy piece

July 24, 2014

Own it and I've watched a few times, it's alright. I guess it can teach people not to be a shopaholic and be careful with your money. Can be pretty funny also. Over all not a bad movie.

What do you think, have you seen it?

May 15, 2012

I love this product! It comes in cheddar (not my fav), original and sour cream and onion (the best!). Usually you can buy it for around $2.50 and it is 80 calories per serving.

July 21, 2010

I love this movie! I sat onthe end of my bed watching it. This is great girls movie, kidn of like Sex in the City. The acting is okay, but the point is what it is all about. And the mail actor is cute! I hada girls night with friend and this movie was a perfect pick, we laughed we cried, and we could relate. I would recommend this movie!!

1.5/5

January 09, 2010

Fisher is a great actress, and she does what she can with this role. The movie in general was awful and painful to watch. Firstly, they Americanized it. Big mistake. Second, because of the Americanizing, they've squished books one and two into a single movie, which leaves little character 'development' time. Thirdly, they made her character dumber than bricks, when, throughout the book series, she actually has a functioning brain (she just chooses to turn it off when she's shopping).

It was all-around horrible, and I'm glad I saw it on the movie network instead of theatres.

January 09, 2010

This movie follows our favourite Shopaholic's escapades as adapted from books 1 and 2 of the popular Confessions of a Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella.

As with many other beloved books, the movie takes a gigantic departure from the original story. I know many share this pet peeve and will find that distracting. However, as a standalone movie, the hilarious Isla Fisher does her darndest to keep our attention... and eye candy Hugh Dancy makes it all the yummier.

Solid chick flick material here, so don't force your hubby to watch with you or he'll whip out the Terminator thrillogy next time it's movie night. A light and funny movie that stretches reality a little - but isn't that the point?

I liked it, but would recommend the book over the movie.