Du Wop Lip Venom Reviews

Ranked #382 out of 655 in Lip Gloss

What it is:A powerful lip-plumping gloss.What it is formulated to do:The original Lip Venom is a transparent gloss that enhances the natural color and shape of the lips by increasing circulation with a spicy, tingly blend of essential oils including cinnamon and ginger. The result: An attractively pumped up pout.

June 11, 2016

This stuff works for me! It's not a lip injection per say but it does plump your lips. Upon application you get a tingly pinchy feel that subsides in minutes. The gloss is shiny yet a bit sticky. It's a fun novelty item. It's about 30$ but lasts forever.

January 19, 2016

I was expecting for this product to make my lips plump and full, but thats not what happened. My lips tingled for a few minutes and that was about it. Otherwise this product gives a nice shine.

October 02, 2015

This was the first lip plumping gloss that I decided to try. Since then I have tried others and prefer them more to this one. The vial of product is pretty small for the price that you pay. Did it plump? Not really. It made my lips red and itchy. It smells nice but tends to run and doesn't get sticky but because it runs and drips I find myself reapplying it constantly so a $20 vial can get used up pretty fast! I've repurchased it since my original purchase but only because it was on sale for less than half the original price.

August 06, 2014

I love this plumper. I had been using a Sally Hansen one but it was discontinued. Shoppers had the DuWop Lip Venom on display and I decided to splurge and try it. At first I was disappointed in such a tiny bottle, but you really don't need much. At one point I was using it almost every day and it still lasted me ages.
It's not too much of a tingle, and the colour that is brought to the lips is very natural and pretty. The cinnamon tastes amazing as well.
I've continued to buy this product over the years.
I've tried most of their options. The only time I've been disappointed was with the Twilight version. It wouldn't mix properly and applied unevenly. It could have just been my skin tone, but it did not look nice at all.
All other versions (plain, gold sparkles, silver sparkles) that I've tried have been more than satisfactory.

November 14, 2012

I love this product. I have very very thin lips, especially my top lip. It works so well to plump up my lips and doesn't have a nasty taste. It's a little expensive though but it's worth it.

November 14, 2012

I love using this product to plump my lips! It isn't sticky, and gives lips a much fuller appearance, as well as it has a spicy cinnamon scent that I love!

1.5/5

February 10, 2011

Very glossy and sticky - too shiny for my liking. While I definitely felt my lips tingling with the cinnamon flavour in the gloss (which is the ingredient that is supposed to do the plumping), I noticed no discernible difference in the appearance of my lips. Definitely not worth it.

June 11, 2010

A few years back, the trend for Angelina Jolie lips exploded into the mainstream market, with non-celebrity women desiring to have plump pillow lips without costly injections. Enter the DuWop Lip Venom, which promised a fuller pout with its plumping gloss. It was touted in various beauty magazines as a hit, so naturally I wanted to try it and see how it would go.

In terms of appearance, the gloss has a slight pink tint, and glitter, which isn't too noticeable when applied. The texture is thick, sticky, and I do not recommend putting lipstick over it. Its effectiveness is almost ineffective. Its plumping ingredients swell the lips, and give more colour with the rush of blood to the lips, but the tingling is only good for fifteen minutes before it subsides. My main complaint is that despite its sticky coating, it dries out the lips afterward, which ironically, makes them look thinner.

Basically, if you want a quick swelling for your lips, like if you are about to take a photograph, then this is worthwhile for its rapid effect. Otherwise, it would be best to avoid this product if you are searching for long-term results.

September 02, 2009

EVEN though I love Lip Venom -it is now my favourite lip gloss!- it really does not do much to plump the lips, but that is my opinion. However, it does do alot of great things-as soon as I put it on I notice my lips seem to flush. It really does bring out the natural red in your lips, plus the shine is incredible. It is smooth and not sticky OR too watery-just perfect. Plus it has this really delicious scent. I recommend this to any girl willing to pay the $20 bucks, because it is probably the only lip gloss you will ever need! I am usually pretty low-key with makeup so this is perfect for me, and the bottle is very tiny so it's perfect for the purse (don't let that discourage you though, a little goes a long way).

May 06, 2009

I dont know if this stuff actually plumps your lips so that is noticible.. but i can say that the flavor and tingling is addictive. It also adds that extra "bite" when your smooching : )
M