Elf Movie Reviews

Ranked #867 out of 970 in DVD

This hilarious Christmas film tells the tale of a young orphan child who mistakenly crawls into Santa's bag of gifts on Christmas Eve and is transported back to the North Pole and raised as an elf. Years later Buddy learns he is not really an elf and goes on a journey to New York City to find his true identity.

August 02, 2016

I could watch this movie over and over again! I know this movie word for word and will always watch it, even when it's not the holiday time of year. The family and Christmas spirit in this movie is admirable and always a hit in our household. It is funny, romantic and christmas'y - like every Christmas movie should be! This one is not childish at all.

January 08, 2016

A classic holiday movie. I grew up watching snl with my family so it was perfect when a snl star made a Christmas movie for us to share. It's absolutely ridiculous but adorable at the same time. I'm a fan of Zoey too. It's one of the movie you need to be in the mood for but it is still a good one to watch during the holidays.

1.5/5

January 08, 2016

This is a horrible movie everything about it annoyed me ,I didn't like the storyline and the so-called funny parts were corny .It is the kind of movie you only watch once and ever want to see again.

September 17, 2015

I put off watching this movie for years because I didn't think I would like it. My fiance finally convinced me to watch it last Christmas and I absolutely love it. I love Wil Ferrel to begin with, but this was just so funny and so cute! My kids love it as much as we do.

September 17, 2015

Good movie with some funny jokes. MY husband watches this movie EVERY year on christmas eve.

April 23, 2015

One of the funniest Christmas movies out there. I watch this every year and it makes us laugh every time. Will does a great job.

April 23, 2015

This is the cutest lil holiday movie. Though not holiday-generic, it is a fun take on the holiday season and is great for getting yourself, family or friends into the spirit of the season
The character development is fast and fun

April 13, 2015

I hate Will Ferrell, so that more than likely colours my opinion of this movie. The Elf is kind of interesting in theory, but the humour in it and just over all... it's just so bad. I hated watching this movie, and I most definitely would never watch it again.

April 10, 2015

This is a must watch at my house every Christmas holiday. Last year, my kids and I watched it once a week from November until Christmas day and we never got tired of the jokes. Love Will Ferrell!

March 15, 2015

Our family watches Elf at Christmas. It is a great family comedy. Love all the anticks and troubles Elf gets into. A great movie.