Elf On the Shelf - A Christmas Tradition Reviews

Ranked #397 out of 492 in Toys

1.5/5

November 20, 2016

I struggle with this concept. perhaps Im not open to new traditions- but in a world of commercialism, I guess I dont like the message this portrays-- "be good because Santa is aatching through the elf, or you wont get presents". that is how I perceive it- we are all entitled to opinions.
    I am also Christian so i may take a different approach(so not to kill that magic of Christmas- elf mysteriously moving in the night)- i may set up the nativity scene and have that move in the night. and focus on doing acts of kindness every day

1.5/5

November 14, 2015

Elf is too creepy.. I think We'll stick to an advent calendar :)

August 01, 2015

Our boys love it they wake up every morning searching for or elf. We plan on buying two more one male and one female so our kids can take them when they move out and continue the tradition with their own kids.

April 07, 2015

I bought two of these for two of my grandkids. They loved waking up to see what he did during the night. A bit pricey but I got mine on sale.

March 09, 2015

my nephew got a kick out of all the cool things with did with this little guy this past christmas holiday!
    hanging from the chandalier, driving the car to school ! haha

January 26, 2015

I know there are a lot of negative vibes out there about this but we don't take it too seriously in our house. My son who is four loves his "Elfie" This past Christmas was the first time he really caught on to it. I try to be creative in where I put Elfie each day. My son loves coming downstairs to see what antics Elfie has been up to overnight. It is fun tradition that I will continue with my son year after year for as long as he will let me.
    I find the price of them to be a high for the quality of the doll itself. I know it comes with a book at all but $40.00 seems steep. My son got his as a gift. I think I would have waited for some sale to purchase it for him myself.

January 26, 2015

I think that there are other ways to remind us that Santa is coming. The children in my house dont like it , they say that our little countdown tradition is much better. They like the idea of it ,however they say they will not want to buy it

December 14, 2014

Not sure what all the hype is about this. Doll is poorly made and slightly creepy. My son of 15 months likes him, but I do not like the idea of an elf surveying my sons behaviour secretly. The idea is just weird. Not sure why I bought into the whole idea.

November 23, 2014

I think this elf thing is so din and you can get really creative with this. At first my little guy was very upset with elf and I even made a YouTube video of the drama they had. He now wakes up every morning excited to find elf and gets a kick outta it's we got elf a bomber jacket and goggles too for those really cold Sony night. It's a very cute idea and would recommend. However the price is a bit strap..I paid $40 and would have been more comfortable paying $20

November 10, 2014

I think the Elf looks scary, but my kids LOVE it and think that every night from Jan 1 to Sept 1 the Elf is a secret agent listening to how well they behave. Its a great tool to keep my 4 kids on their toes LOL
    I find the cost for this is very high, but if you can get it on sale after Christmas and use it the next year its so worth it!