Kuraidori 5 Blade Mandolin Slicer Reviews

Ranked #30 out of 45 in Food Processors and Blenders

August 19, 2015

It was on sale so I bought it. When I opened the package there was blood on the instruction page. Obviously something went wrong with the person who bought it before I did. Horrible design as no easy way to clean, even in a dishwasher which isn't recommended. Extremely difficult to open the little trap door at the bottom which conceals two rows of very sharp blades; trying to be extremely careful, when the little trap door did finally open I cut my knuckle. Guess what.. I told someone else about the sale, she bought it, and lost half her thumb trying to grate a carrot. There are 4 thick prongs to hold the food in the hand-guard piece; yet other designs have several much thinner prongs to better hold the food. I tried to do a zucchini, what a joke. There was no way the thick 4 prongs were going to hold that piece of zucchini. Horrible design, dangerous, don't buy it !!!!!

March 16, 2015

I have a similar mandolin and it works perfectly. It saves me time and helps me cut up my vegetables with ease. I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous using it especially when my children are around. It cleans easily and the blades don't rust. I make sure to store it on the top shelf of my cabinet so that it is out of reach of my children. I don't use it too often but it works great when I need it.

March 16, 2015

I received this as a gift from my God daughters for Christmas. I would never tell them, but this device is dangerous, I think. The food gripper came loose when I was slicing a cucumber and it cut my hand. I ended up discarding it because I didn't want anyone else to get hurt. The blades are so sharp that even when I would store it, I had to be careful and not touch the end blades.

March 13, 2015

I like this mandolin a lot. I bought it on sale when I got tired of hand slicing foods for dehydrating, and I wish I'd bought it ages ago, it makes it so easy to slice & grate fruits & vegies. It comes with 5 easily interchangeable blades, & I can adjust the thickness of the slices from 1-9mm. It also has 2 julienne blades, which work well for carrot matchsticks. It came with an attachment for juicing citrus fruits but I haven't tried that yet. It's easy to clean, though the white plastic does stain slightly from beets/carrots. The food gripper works on larger foods like apples/potatoes, but it is useless for anything smaller like carrots. That's the only negative thing I can say.