Nioxin System 1 Reviews

Ranked #393 out of 935 in Shampoo

August 26, 2016

I've noticed that a lot of hair would fall out when I brush my hair and I see strands of hair around on my desk when I work! This product was recommended to me by a friend. I've been using it every two days for more than a month now and I think it works! I don't have as much hair fall out, I don't see any strands on hair around my desk at work.

The conditioner smells very minty, which I like. The products are available at Winners so it's very convenient to find!

March 16, 2016

I love this product. Whether you have a scalp condition, thinning hair, or just want a healthy happy scalp it is an amazing shampoo and conditioner. My Fiance has psoriasis and it helps him a lot. I use it because I like the smell, it feels more clean than other shampoos and my hair is also less frizzy so can dry naturally not using as much heat tools.

January 09, 2016

I've been trying this out on my thinning hair but I'm not sure if it is helping with the actual hair growth. I do think that it is a very clarifying shampoo though and it helps to amp up the volume, making it look like I have more hair! I am really surprised by the conditioner because it is very light but manages to leave my hair tangle-free and soft. I do think it is pretty pricey but a little goes a long way!

September 01, 2015

Did not really notice to much of a difference and did not like the smell.

September 01, 2015

I am loving my results with the Nioxin Scalp Therapy System 1 Shampoo and Conditioner Treatment. I found it at Costco (Western Canada) for $39.99 which is a great price. Very pleased with how it makes my hair feel and look as well. It also gives your scalp a good cleansing with a fresh tingling feeling. If you have thinning looking hair due to stress or "gasp" menopause (lol!) I would definately recommend the System 1 Duo.

April 02, 2015

I think it works? Nothing stunning or spectacular but I guess a good way to manage hair loss. The smell is amazing and it feels like it cleans well my hair. But I still have not found products that makes a visible difference on the thickness of my hair

January 28, 2015

I used this to help with my scalp issues & my hair was very dull & lifeless. It gave my hair more life for sure but my scalp didn't seem to get any better.

January 05, 2015

This past September I had to get a prolonged EEG to help better diagnose my seizure disorder. Because I had to have electrodes glued on my scalp for 15 days, I lost a lot of hair as the glue was very strong and the hair was very stressed at the roots. It was a small price to pay however for the quality treatment I received. As a result, about 1/4 of my hair was gone and I needed something to help it grow back. Went to a local salon and the owner recommended I try the Nioxin system. I'm very happy he did as the shampoo, conditioner and scalp treatment really stimulated new growth! It's been 4 months now and you would never know I lost some hair if I didn't tell you! The system worked wonderfully and helps blood flow increase to your hair roots. The only downside is that it makes your scalp very itchy, but that's kind of a good sign as its stimulating the roots. Also your scalp just gets itchy anyways when new hair is growing. Overall I think the Nioxin system was of great help in repairing and regrowing my hair and the nice mint smell of the shampoo helps to wake you up in the shower. Definitely recommended to any person experiencing thinning hair or quick, specific hair loss like I did. Thank you for helping to bring my beautiful hair back to life!

February 22, 2014

System 1 is for normal to thin-looking, fine natural hair. I use this shampoo and conditioner daily. I love the minty smell. My scalp feels cleaner after use, and I find that the conditioner helps reduce tangles throughout the day. The system definitely works better when the treatment is used in combination with the shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels healthier with the shampoo and conditioner alone, but I notice more thickening when I use the treatment too.

Nioxin can be a little pricey, but I have found the shampoo and conditioner packaged together at Costco for $40 on multiple occasions.