PayPal App Reviews

Ranked #756 out of 987 in Misc

Pay Smarter. Pay Simpler. Pay Anywhere. The world’s safest way to pay online is now at your favorite restaurants, stores, and more. Introducing your new digital wallet.

March 29, 2016

Until recently I would of given PayPal 5+ stars but they have changed there way of doing business which is extremely frustrating for many. Up until recently people were able to link their debit cards and purchase things from websites and PayPal would take the money from their debit accounts as payment. But now PayPal requires a credit card. I used PayPal because I don't want a visa or any type of credit card. This is extremely upsetting but I guess it's time to delete my account and do business else where.

November 05, 2015

I'm constantly buying off EBay & now more store checkout with Paypal which is convenient & easy to use!

0.5/5

November 05, 2015

Definitely not a fan of this. It seems every time I want to buy online it's stipulated you have paypal. I prefer to pay by cheque but things like that take away most chances that I can I HATE pay pal

1.5/5

June 10, 2015

The App does not work well without a full data plan, which I don't have. It also consistently dropped connections, timed out, and wouldn't scan - I just ended up paying by regular credit when I tried to use it at several locations.

February 11, 2015

i recently found out paypal had an app. i love it! i shop using pay pal a lot and am able to use the app to look into things! love it!

February 10, 2015

My daughter uses PayPal and loves it. She likes to use it for when she makes purchases on EBay or Amazon. She's never had a problem.

October 22, 2014

I like the PayPal app, it's convenient to use and easy to understand.
Although, there isn't many features.. I still prefer the website!
(I'm looking forward to more merchants using PayPal locally, then the app will be of more use to me!!!!!)

April 02, 2014

I attended the launch of this new app and was really excited to learn about it as I love testing out new apps and especially ones with time saving technology. The way this app works is you upload a picture of yourself, your banking info (or link to your existing paypal account) and you can use your phone to pay at restaurants and cafes. Ridiculously easy. It tells you which restaurants in your area accept this form of payment automatically. So if I'm at the office I can see that my favourite coffee shop (Sense Appeal) accepts it and if I'm at home I can see which places in my neighbourhood accept it.

Right now for Canada it's only about 50 restaurants, cafes and bars in Toronto that accept this form of payment. It's also available in some cities in the US and Europe. They plan to expand beyond that and I really look forward to when it's more readily available because with 2 small kids I have forgotten my wallet on more than one occasion. Oh, did I mention that? You can leave your wallet at home. Your photo on the app is your ID. Brilliant, right?

They also display coupons that vendors are offering that are automatically applied to your account when you make a purchase. All you have to do is check-in at the location (it's private - doesn't go anywhere), tell the cashier you are paying with paypal and then you're done.

There are a few more features I'd love to see to give it 5 stars:
I'd love to see more vendors on the list as well as the ability to search by neighbourhood or postal code. So if I'm at home, deciding where to go for dinner I can search to see which restaurants are on board or look up a specific area.

It would be ideal to have reviews tied to it. They could plug into google's api.

Would love to have the ability to print off the receipts from the app. Right now it displays the receipts but would be great if I could print or email them to myself directly from the app.

Right now it's just for restaurants. Would love to see retailers get on board with this.

Overall: Very convenient to use and it's free!

Updated On: April 02, 2014

Silly me! I got a receipt in my inbox moments after posting this without having to do anything. So convenient!