Pet Sematary

Pet Sematary Reviews

Ranked #115 out of 960 in Books

April 07, 2016

I read this book a long time ago and loved it. What can I say, I am a BIG fan of Stephen King. i love suspense and i love horror. His books never dissapoint. Not a book for children.

February 22, 2016

Pet Sematary was not the best Stephen King novel out there. The idea of resurrection and not wanting your loved ones (pets or otherwise) is intriguing, however, I would hope that common sense prevails. I get the scary factor and the story was easy to follow. I just don't know about zombie-like creatures that someone wanted to bring back.

July 08, 2015

Love all Stephen King novels ! They are a delight to read and always capture my attention. Once I start reading I can't stop!

July 02, 2015

Read a while ago but really like it.

June 03, 2015

Stephen King is amazing and he did it again with this book. The language is quite colourful, but other than that it was quite good. The imagery in the story is terrific and the story is totally captivating,

April 19, 2015

Another classic from Stephen King! I have watched this movie so many times and loved it each time. The black cat was such a scary little monster. A great watch for the horror fans!!

April 19, 2015

Own the book and read it as well. The book is a bit different from the movie and has more swearing in it but it's still a good read. I also own the original movies as well, number one and two.

What do you think, have you read it?

April 18, 2015

The house looked right, felt right to Dr Louis Creed. Rambling, old, unsmart and comfortable. A place where the family could settle; the children grow and play and explore. The rolling hills and meadows of Maine seemed a world away from the fume-choked dangers of Chicago. Only the occasional big truck out on the two-lane highway, grinding up through the gears, hammering down the long gradients, growled out an intrusive threat. But behind the house and far away from the road: that was safe. Just a carefully cleared path up into the woods where generations of local children have processed with the solemn innocence of the young, taking with them their dear departed pets for burial. A sad place maybe, but safe. Surely a safe place. Not a place to seep into your dreams, to wake you, sweating with fear and foreboding.

Stephen King is a master storyteller. This book was so well written that you could clearly envision in your head the words that were written on paper. It was so scary that I kept looking over my shoulder expecting to see that cat coming back from its final resting place. Stephen King has a way with words and this book is intense. I never saw the movie, the book was enough for me.