Phytospecific Phytorelaxer (no lye) Index I Reviews

Ranked #1960 out of 2161 in Hair Care

September 29, 2008

I liked it alot was real smooth

September 29, 2008

THE ONLY OPTION FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH BLACK/ETHNIC/AFRICAN HAIR WHO WANT TO SAFELY RELAX THEIR HAIR. This product is the gentlest chemical straightener I have ever used and the most natural as its active ingredients are soy and egg. After treatment, my hair was still full and people were asking if I was middle eastern because of how bouncy and full my hair was. YESS! Usually, after relaxing your hair you have to go through that horrible week of flat hair - well not with this product.

However, keep in mind that this product is not a miracle cure. You can still damage your hair or burn your scalp if you don't carefully follow the manufacturer's directions. If it is your first time using this product or the phytospecific line, use Index I first and get a professional to do it for you. Do not wash your hair a week prior, and do not wash it for 3 days after. This was the first relaxer I used after almost 2 years going natural and my roots really took to it but, no thanks to the hairdresser, my ends could have turned out a little smoother. (True, you should only apply the product to new growth, but the hairdresser did not consider the fact that I hadn't relaxed my hair in a very long time and he didn't really treat the ends properly).

Anyway, overall it was a great experience and I will probably use this product every 8 -10 weeks because I am trying to go very natural. It has been about two weeks now and my hair is shiny, soft. full and very manageable. I will update the review when it starts looking like I need to relax my hair again.

P.S. I know this may be very important to some people - the price. The relaxer is very expensive, especially when you're used to buying $12 chemical straighteners. However, this is the most effective relaxer that will not damage your hair if used properly. Phytospecific is based on plant/natural ingredients and you are paying for the quality of the product. It is truly worth the price and its time that black hair suppliers start putting these kind of products up on the shelf.

Irememberu added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products