Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Reviews

Ranked #4 out of 492 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

March 17, 2017

When I used this with the Revlon Colorstay Foundation, this sponge began taking off my foundation! It began coming off in patches, and as I tried to blend it out, the Real Techniques sponge just seemed to soak up more of my foundation until I gave up and used my brush again. I used it wet, but I believe the pores on this sponge are just too large.

I tried to use this again with a more liquid foundation, the Maybelline Fit Me, and the same result occurred. It gave me a light coverage that looked smooth, but I would estimate that half of my initial foundation became soaked up in the sponge itself. Not good, even for the price point of this sponge!

This does not compare to the beautyblender in any way! If you are looking for an affordable sponge from the drugstore, I would definitely check out the L'Oreal pink sponge; it is an almost exact dupe for the beautyblender!

March 11, 2017

I have not tried the beauty blender, so I have no comparison, but I really like this sponge! I love that it makes it easy to effortlessly blend my foundation evenly on my face.

March 04, 2017

This is one of my favourite things to use when applying and blending out concealer. I've never tried the original BB but I don't Think I need to Im completely happy with this sponge. I got a pack of 2 for $15 CAD and wash it everytime I use it. Totally changed the way my makeup looks. Really happy with it.

February 07, 2017

I decided to try this sponge one day to change up my routine from using the beauty blender and wow, it's such a great dupe for the beauty blender for half the price! It does not such up too much product if you apply the foundation on your hand before dipping it with the sponge. The end result is flawless, leaving no streaks!

October 29, 2016

Great affordable makeup sponge! I think the beauty blender does a bit better at applying makeup/provides a better finish when applying foundation however this is a great affordable option that is a 1/4 of the price.I use this to apply foundation, blend out concealer and apply loose powder to set my foundation/concealer. Would definitely repurchase!

October 18, 2016

I heard that this was a fantastic dupe for the Beauty Blender, and I was not disappointed. I bought the BB because of the hype, wasn't quite "wowed" and returned it (it's just over $30 CAD so I was hoping for something magical for that price point). I bought the Real Techniques sponge in a pack of 2 for about $15 at Walmart (cheapest place to get them around where I live. Not worth the value if you go to Rexall if you're in Canada. It was about the same price for 1 there, so I figured I'd get the 2 pack at Walmart for nearly the same price). It blends just as well as a BB, and when I wash it in the sink there's no colour bleeding. My BB bled pink for the first week of owning it and I had to wonder, if it bled that much, what kind of stuff is it leaving on my face? Please remember to clean your RT sponge regularly though, as you don't want it to get mouldy. Try to wring out as much of the water as you can when you're done with it.

October 15, 2016

I purchased this at winners for about 6$. It has a very similar texture as the original beauty blender for a fraction of the price. I have become obsessed using this for my concealer! It has the perfect angles that other make up sponges don't have to gently get around the eye area. Best of all it creates the smoothest, non-streaky application and the most flawless makeup look I've ever had. This is a beauty favourite of mine, I'll never go back!

September 08, 2016

When bought at Walmart it is very afordable at $8 a pop. Other stores are selling them for double that price. I made the mistake of buying one and now I never see them in stock at Walmart. Excellent product and smooths out foundation making it look natural.love this sponge.

August 29, 2016

Great alternative to the pricey beauty blender if you're on a budget and frequently wear your sponges out from daily makeup application. I love the flat side for an all over foundation and the point for getting into all the creases. You can use it wet or dry depending on your desire for a full or light coverage.

August 13, 2016

LOVE this blending sponge. Works so well and is such an amazing price, most definitely buy these over the beauty blender BUT it is very fragile and ripable..but the price makes up for it!