The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream
Good

The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream Reviews

Ranked #1035 out of 1113 in Facial Lotions & Creams

A rich night cream that moisturizes, comforts and calms the skin while you sleep, helping to restore its natural defense system and moisture barrier. Dermatologically approved and clinically proven as suitable for sensitive skin. Our groundbreaking Aloe range uses the world’s first fair trade aloe and is preservative-free, dye-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free and soap-free. Our Community Trade partners in Guatemala grow the aloe without using pesticides, then it is hand-picked, washed and processed within 12 hours to maintain freshness. A unique freeze drying process ensures that preservatives do not need to be added to the aloe gel.

July 07, 2016

I have bought many tubs of this night cream. My skin type is confusing as I do get breakouts on my t-zone, but I would also categorize my skin as dry and sensitive. This night cream keeps my skin hydrated and non greasy throughout the night, but it doesn't cause me to break out. For the price, I believe it is really effective and I also like that there is no added fragrance.

July 02, 2014

Was not as soothing as I has hoped. Sometimes I feel it to be less moisturizing than I would expect from a night cream. It definitely has the texture of a cream but when applied it felt more like a lotion, I have used this in spring and summer weather so I'm not trying to combat winter dry skin but it just did not do the job. Although unscented, there is some sort of smell to it...just can not pinpoint what it smells like...

May 02, 2009

I have a small tub of this that came with a gift set. It feels smooth when you apply it to the face but it doesn't smell very nice. I do like it better than the Day Cream because it is a very light-weight night cream and it doesn't feel greasy. This is one quality I always look for in night moisterizers and I was satisfied with this one. However, just like the Day Cream, this Night version is nothing special, so I probably wouldn't buy it again.

May 02, 2009

Perfect consistency for a nighttime moisturizer. The aloe really soothes my skin and I wake up with the softest skin! I have never had this before with any moisturizer. Sometimes I can even fell it still on my skin in the morning.
The only thing I am not sure about is whether it has any other beneficial ingredients that everyone seeks these days, such as vitamins A, C, and E, etc. If not, then it is a great moisturizer for me right now (in my 20s) but I would probably start looking for something more hard working eventually. For now, it's a keeper!

April 10, 2009

I got a mini version of this in a gift with purchase, so it is not necessarily best suited for my skin. It is designed for people with sensitive skin, to soothe the irritants caused my chemicals and environmental stressors. It is also supposed to provide hydration. Overall its hard to evaluate the effectiveness of this product since it is not suited to my skins needs, but I can evaluate the products quality.

It makes the same claims as the day cream – that it moisturizes and soothes irritated skin while restoring the natural moisture balance. The night cream is similar to the day cream; however it is a richer lotion because it is designed to restore your skins natural moisture barrier overnight. I have to say that it seems like it delivers on its promise. It did soothe my skin and it felt hydrated in the morning. My only complaint is the scent – yucky!