Whey Protein Reviews

Ranked #174 out of 237 in Dietary Supplements, Nutrition

100% whey protein contains 23 grams of protein, only 2-3 grams of carbohydrates and 1.5 grams of fat. To encourage a positive nitrogen balance, consume approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day from a combination of high protein foods and supplements. For even better results, consume your daily protein allotment over 4-6 small meals spread evenly throughout the day. Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Cocoa, Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium. Aminogen is a registered trademark of Triarco Industries, Inc.

January 21, 2016

No powdery taste I've had both the chocolate and the vanilla both are great! Mixes well with milk and even almond milk!

May 15, 2015

hubby and i are obsessed with whey protein. have to have it twice a day everyday. love the fremch vanilla flavour

September 25, 2013

I really like this protein powder. I make a fruit smoothie for breakfast every morning and I always add a scoop of powder to it. I use the vanilla powder because it goes well with the yogurt and fruit in my smoothie. It tastes delicious and it keeps me full all morning!

June 14, 2013

I love whey protien it is great when your in a hurry and have no time to eat a meal. have a protien shake. there are also great recipes out there that you can add protien to and keep things healthy, i just recently was introduced to proitien and fell in love with it. mix with greek yogurt and tbs of sug free jam and instant treat for health consus people

April 28, 2012

This is a pretty general review, if there was a brand of protein listed I could give a more rounded review.

First off I'd like to say that whey protein is not created equal, there is a difference between whey protein and a whey protein isolate. The main difference is the purity of the protein and how much Lactose and Fat is left after filtering.
If you are looking to lose weight I recommend a protein isolate as it is generally lower in carbs, fat and calories and the downside is also taste. I trained for a fitness competition and enjoyed champion nutrition protein in chocolate and I also bought the banana and would mix the two together.

I currently consume BSN Syntha-6 as per mentioned above the isolate doesn't generally taste that good, however Syntha-6 is delicious I enjoy the chocolate flavour and I mix it with either water or soy milk. This taste just like a chocolate milkshake and it an easy and filling way to consume protein. I generallydrnk two shakes. Day one to recover after I train and another as my evening snack.

Syntha-6 is higher in calories at 200 calories per serving and higher in carbs at 14 carbs per serving.

I should be consuming an isolate as they range from 0 -2 carbs each and generally are about 120calories each. But I enjoy my shake while consuming the Bsn if I ever get serious about competing again I will make the switch.

Brands of whey isolate that I have tried
Champion nutrition - review: decent taste
ISo flex : not my favourite tasting one but great when mixed with milk yogurt berries and peanutbutter
Iso xp: this one in chocolate is ok tasting not the worst but does becoming sickening but gulp it downthis one offers 40g of protein per serving!!

Dymatize whey protein- this protein taste good going downbut leaves a nasty after taste

Nectar protein isolate- this is probably the best tasting proteins have tried as it taste like fruit juice.

Diet is the most important thing to fat loss however exercise plays an important role also!

February 22, 2011

I can't fully comment on the effectiveness of Whey Protein for weight loss but I can say that it is filling. I recently purchased the Jillian Michaels Vanilla Shake Whey Protein Powder. I have tried it alone with milk, but I would not recommend going this route. The taste was not great on it's own. Mixed in with fruit and milk in my Magic Bullet, however, was a different story. I found that it was great for filling me up post workout and was quite refreshing to make it up in this manner.

November 12, 2009

I started working out about a year ago and whey protein makes all the difference! Make sure you only do one to two scoops a day or you'll start gaining like crazy though. Great as a meal replacement and to get your day going right! 100% Whey Protein is the best I've found and it comes in all sorts of yummy flavors! Make sure you check the ratio of grams of protein to calories. Some of these are geared for people looking to bulk up and are not recommended for anyone trying to slim down.

November 03, 2009

I started a high protein diet to improve my overall health and to lose weight from my pregnancy. This stuff is great because it boosts your metabolism, gives you energy to start off your day, and keeps you full a lot longer than cereals or other breakfast foods. It's been about 4 weeks and I've lost almost 8 pounds :)

Try this for your morning shake and you will notice a difference in your energy level as well as how much less you snack throughout the day:

1 cup skim or 1% milk
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 small banana
a scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup yogurt of your choice
- blend until smooth and enjoy!

October 13, 2009

I would recommend anyone looking to get in shape to try whey isolate protein powder! Some brands are better than others, so it's important to check out the label before purchasing. Make sure you find a flavour you like! So many brands offer a large variety of delicious flavours, which really add to a morning shake.

As a previous reviewer noted, a morning smoothie mixed with protein powder is a great way to start your day, and super easy. Throwing in some fresh or frozen fruits with protein powder is super easy and fast, and really sets the tone for your day. It's so much healthier than some of the other quick breakfast options, (eg, super sugary cereals or cream cheese bagels) and just as tasty.

January 29, 2009

This a great boost for me! I love this stuff. 1 shake a day keeps the flab away!