Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks

Taste

May 21, 2020

Déception

Franchement déçue.... comment peut-on appeler ce produit végétalien s'il contient majoritairement de l'huile de palme?!
    La texture est très semblable au beurre, le goût est excessivement fade.
    Lorsque j'achète de la margarine, je m'assure de prendre celle à base d'huile d'olive pour éviter le palmiste justement. Et on se retrouve avec ça. Je trouve que c'est franchement un retour en arrière de leur part!

2.8/5
    Taste

May 17, 2020

Stick it to me

I will be the first to admit that I prefer (unsalted) butter for most applications that require solid fats. However, I occasionally use margarine for applications like cookie doughs, which I usually bake on a whim (eg to have more "justification" to have the oven on). The sticks are definitely convenient (easily measured, easily blended into ingredients).

The one thing that makes me NOT want to buy this product is the palm/palm kernel oil. While I understand this is a fat of choice for manufactures, and that it is a fat that solidifies at room temperature (lessening the need for hydrolization - which makes oils into trans-fats), I still try very hard to avoid products containing it for various reasons.

As I was getting this for free, I didn't pay close attention to the price, but know that it was somewhat high compared to other similar products, including butter.

Disclaimer: This was a free trial product from ChickAdvisor #gotitfree