Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks

June 06, 2020
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Great butter substitute

I received this product for free in exchange for my opinion we used our becel unsalted in baking and we could not tell the difference between it and butter the taste and texture of both the product and finished baking items were perfect I would buy it again

June 05, 2020

Excellent

I received this product free to test and review. #gotitfree
    I had never tried plant-based 'butter' before and was pleasantly surprised that it tasted like regular butter! Delicious! This plant-based brick behaves much like margarine with the texture and taste of butter. I cooked and baked with it in the same way that I would use regular butter and didn't notice a difference in taste.
    #BacelPlantBasedBricks #FamilyRatedClub #Butterloversloveit

June 03, 2020

The Same As Margarine

I received this product free for review purposes.
    I think this is a great alternative for individuals looking to transition to a plant-based diet, or already consuming a plant-based diet.
    That being said, I don't think there's much of a difference between this and regular margarine other than the packaging and presentation.

June 03, 2020

Plant based? Who would have known

On toast or cooking or baking we have been using Becel plant based unsalted brick and its wonderful.
    Great smooth flavor.
    We will be purchasing as our new staple for our baking butter.

Pleasant Surprise

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I typically use butter when baking not margarine so I was excited to try this product out. I found that it provided a similar taste and consistency to my cookies. It did not take as long to soften compared to butter, which was nice as I often forget to pull the butter out ahead of time. It is a comparative price to butter so I would consider buying it again.

#gotitfree

May 31, 2020

You butter believe this is good!

I will start by saying that we are a butter family and very rarely purchase margarine. I was pleasantly surprised when I subbed the unsalted Plant Based Becel for butter in one of our favourite cheese biscuit recipes. My husband didn’t notice a difference, and honestly - neither did I! The taste and texture in every step was amazing and I will definitely purchase again! Thanks Becel and Family Rated for allowing me to try this new product for free

May 31, 2020

Finally - a worthy vegan alternative to butter!

I had previously used the Becel vegan margarine in baking for vegan friends and had a great experience (so much so that my guests actually enjoyed the vegan desserts more than the standard ones!). When I found out that Becel had come out with a vegan, plant-based alternative to butter, I was excited to give it a try as I'm not the biggest fan of margarine. This definitely didn't disappoint. I didn't find that this butter affected the texture or consistency of my baking, but there was a slightly noticeable difference in taste - not a bad taste, but just different from the norm (for reference, I'm also the type of person who immediately tastes when there are artificial sweeteners in something, so my tastebuds tend to be more sensitive). I also liked that this was quicker to soften up than regular butter, which makes it much easier to bake on a whim! I'm so relieved to have found this product and will be a lot less stressed the next time I'm invited to a vegan friend's potluck - this honestly makes it so much easier to whip up any of my regular treats and make it vegan!

I #gotitfree to try through the FamilyRated Club.

May 31, 2020

A product that surprised me!

I picked up this product as something to try, especially for my husband who cannot tolerate any dairy product. I used 2 TBSP of the unsalted Becel Plant Based Bricks to caramelize some wild leeks and I had to re-read to package to ensure it was dairy-free as when it hit the pan, it sure smelled and looked like butter! I love the easy to use measurements on the sticks, and the convenient stick sizes (typically as butter substitutes we use margarine). Really great product that I can't wait to use for all my baking recipes!

May 30, 2020

Great Butter Alternative

I had the opportunity to try Becel Plant-Based Bricks (unsalted) courtesy of Family Rated. I first used the product to make Rice Krispy squares. One advantage that I noticed immediately was the fact that the product is soft right out of the fridge. No more having to take out the butter in advance when you want to bake! I haven't used Becel to cook with before but it seemed to have the same results as using butter, including the taste. The brick format makes it easy to measure out exact amounts for a recipe. This product has fewer calories and grams of fat compared to a pound of butter, and the price point is about the same. I would certainly consider purchasing this product for my baking needs in future.

May 28, 2020

Fonctionne bien dans les desserts

J'ai eu la chance d'essayer la brique de Becel non-salé et j'ai été agréablement surprise. Il y a certains indicateurs de mesure sur le papier d'emballage, ce qui rend la tâche facile lorsque vient le temps de couper la bonne quantité. J'ai cuisiner deux desserts différents avec le becel non-salé et c'était délicieux. Comparativement au beurre, je n'ai pas remarqué de différence au niveau du goût. Un peu dispendieux toutefois...