Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Reviews

1.2/5

March 13, 2018

Didn't moisturize my dry lips

At first, when I put this lipbalm on my dried lips, it was effective but after a short while, it wasn't moisturizing enough. I feel it only makes my lips greasy without moisturizing them. I sometimes have cracked lips and redness around it and this lipbalm didn't help much.

March 06, 2018

I love Carmex

Carmex is one the best products I have used for my lips. it leaves such a nice shine that looks like lipgloss and I get complimented all the time! It moisturizes and hydrates very well and is super worth it. I cannot leave my house without making sure I have it on me.

March 06, 2018

BEST STUFF EVER!

Carmex is the best lip balm ever invented, I have been using it for over 20 years, it's the only brand my whole family uses, I have a stash of them in a drawer so we never run out. I have a purse one,one in my desk, a car one, one beside my bed...I am using it right now while I write this review

February 20, 2018

My whole family uses this

Everyone in my family uses this and nothing else.
    Love this product.
    Put it on at night and wake up in the morning with the dryness gone.
    I usually get bleeding lips and when I put this on it heals it all.

February 20, 2018

Very effective lip balm!

I've used many lip balms and this one is definitely effective. I have super dry lips and this product did work very effectively, the downside is the smell and texture. It's not the greatest smelling, but the quality and value are super for it's effectiveness.

1.8/5

January 30, 2018

Hate it

This is probably the worst tasting lip treatment I’ve ever tried. I couldn’t keep it on my lips long enough to see if it works. I’ll Never buy it again

1.5/5

January 25, 2018

The formula has been changed

This used to be my favourite lip balm, I had it stashed everywhere around my house and work, but a few years ago the formula drastically changed (at least in the version sold in Canada) The new version has the word "ORIGINAL" above the logo, and is a completely different texture and scent. Worse than that, though; it no longer works for me. The old version had staying power and kept my lips happy and moisturized, the new "original" formula feels kind of greasy, didn't stay on very long, and irritates my lips so badly that it took a week to stop hurting. I re-purchased it 3 times from different stores thinking I just hit a bad batch before I noticed it had actually been changed.

I happen to still have the packaging from an older purchase before the "ORIGINAL" appeared, and noticed that the ingredient list is slightly different:
    (1) There are a few ingredients missing from one or the other version
    (2) The quantities of the medicinal ingredients is no longer listed, so I'm curious if they've tweaked the amounts or even reduced them to a bare minimum
    (3) The order of some key ingredients is different; for example if they are following the standard of sorting the list by the amount of that ingredient in the product, lanolin used to be 2nd to last and is now listed as the 2nd ingredient

It's a shame, I had used this for over 30 years and I really miss it now

January 18, 2018

A Must Have

I can't recommend Carmex enough. Everyone should own Carmex, for it's extraordinarily effective in colder climates. It provides the right amount of protection for your lips and has a nice cooling effect.

November 14, 2017

Holy grail - if youre not using it, you should be

This stuff is a godsend. It's the only lip balm I've ever found that can keep up with my chapped, Canadian winter lips. Carmex keeps my lips soft and supple no matter the state they're in to start with! Plus, the tubes are cheap and they last quite a while; I've had one of mine for 6 months and I'm only just half through it. I couldn't recommend this product enough, if you're not using it, you should be.

November 06, 2017

This can really heal

I have been using Carmex for years. I suffer from severe chapped lips and especially when the weather gets cold, they get really bad. I have used other chapstick in the past but I always come back to Carmex. I have now passed this problem onto my daughter and when both of ours get really bad we reach for nothing other then Carmex Classic Lip Balm it helps heal and protect! It is not the best tasting so I don't use it every day but I do use it more often in the winter. During the warmer seasons we use something a little lighter but when winter time rolls around and I buy their 3 pack!