Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Reviews

The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is removes surface oils, dirt and makeup without leaving skin feeling tight or overly dry. For normal to oily skin, this daily facial cleanser rinses clean without leaving any residue that is irritating!

The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is non-comedogenic and lets your pores breathe.

See their main website for more info at: www.cetaphil.com

September 02, 2011

I use this out of necessity, so I base my review on the fact that it contains no form of coconut oi/derivative, no fragrance, and non of the other allergens that I have. This is the ONLY drugstore cleanser I've found that I can use w/o having an allergic reaction.

Pros: No allergens (for me).
    Easy availability (drug store)
    Offsets use of treatments and drying/irritating agents
    Leaves skin feeling moist, never dry/tight/irritated

Cons: Doesn't fully remove makeup, but it does remove a fair amount of it.
    Non-sudsing (I like some foaming/suds, but, it's trade-off)
    I feel the need to use a toner afterward. (I use witch hazel)

I use this for morning cleansing. For evening, I use Free & Clear, which has great suds and removes makeup extremely well--and I use the F&C;on my body too.

If you are used to non-foaming cleansers and have normal-dry skin, this may be a good choice for you. I have uber-oily skin, so this isn't always the best-suited for my skin type. I use it because I have virtually no other cleansing options (due to allergies).

August 01, 2011

I use this when proactiv dries my face out. Works just as well

July 11, 2011

This product works good, but it smells so bad. It also doesn't lather up or anything. I do like Cetaphil, but only in the bar. The bar works soo much better and it lasts longer. So if you want to use Cetaphil don't use this one.

June 20, 2011

I have struggled with acne for about 6 years now. Well actually, it's pretty much under control now that I'm using prescription Benzaclin. Benzaclin is very strong, so I need a nice gentle cleanser that won't cause any irritation to my skin and will just do it's job- cleanse! I have been using Cetaphil religiously for about a year and it's worked perfectly for the purpose that I require.
    My face does not feel at all tight after cleansing, as if it has been stripped of moisture. It does not get irritated. It has not caused any breakouts or reactions. It just makes my skin feel clean. Also, I feel like this cleanser would work for any type of skin because it balances it out quite nicely. I know a ton of people who use it and we all have different skin types, from dry to super oily.
    Obviously, this cleanser has worked well for me, but I think I will be moving on to a more natural alternative. I've been doing some research into skin care chemicals and Cetaphil contains quite a few that are supposed to be damaging. If you are someone who doesn't believe in going natural and researching chemicals and all, and you just want a reasonably priced, effective cleanser, go for it!

June 14, 2011

I've tried so many cleansers that promise perfect skin and don't deliver but the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser does exactly what it says it will, it cleans my face. It's great for taking dirt oil and make up off my face. There's no fruity smell, but it does the job. It leaves my skin clean and oil free.

June 07, 2011

gentle enough for sensitive skin, non irritating, leaves skin feeling more cleansed than other products. reduces oil and helps reduce blemishes when used regularly

March 02, 2011

Great for sensitive skin!! And it also takes off my make up! two for the price of one!

March 02, 2011

I really like moistuizer. It's not heavy on my skin and doesn't make me break out. The price is also really reasonable.

February 12, 2011

Cetaphil is a great cleanser, and one of the only ones that I use. The price might be high compared to other cleanser, but its totally worth it. It gently cleanses your skin, and is a little foamy. When its off your skin, your skin feels really soft. After a couple of times using it, you won't want to put it away. Also, the smell is great.

February 11, 2011

I've used Cetaphil's products for quite some time now (including the face cream that they sell separately) and have not yet changed daily cleansers since! I use this cleanser daily and love the fact that it improves the look and feel of my skin. It's gentle and non-irritant for those who are hesitant to try new products on their skin and concerned about break-outs. This is by-far the BEST cleanser out on markets and I recommend it to all those ladies (and men) out there. The great thing about Cetaphil is that they provide a variety of cleansers specific to your skin-type and even ones that treat acne.