Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Reviews
#26 in Hair Care

January 22, 2018

Amazing!!!!!

My husband bought me this hair dryer for Christmas. Can I just say holy crap!!!!
    Best dryer ever, this thing blow drys your hair so fast and it leaves it feeling really silky afterward, which lasts for a few days. It’s worth every penny, which is a lot of pennies. Lol

January 22, 2018

You'll Never Buy Another Hair Dryer

I was in the market for another hair dryer and was super excited to try this one out. The price alone scared me off. It is insanely expensive and I couldn't justify the purchase. I ended up getting a sweet deal and took the plunge and made a purchase. Best. Hair. Dryer. Ever. True to its word, it decreases drying time (I have very long hair right now), and it doesn't leave your hair feeling brittle. It's soft to the touch. I also noticed that my hair doesn't get as oily as quickly.

2.8/5

January 15, 2018

Blow your $$'s away

I just watched a review on this item on facebook and i couldn't stop laughing. A hairdresser offering you to make an appointment for a wash cut blowdry to try the hair dryer because it is so expensive! What? Why would i pay for a wash cut (average 70$) so that someone else can try the tool on me? Nice try but that just doesn't make sense. 1) that just added another 100$ (after tax and tip) to my final total to an already expensive item. 2) you need to try a hair dryer yourself. 3) she's likely using the professional version of this blow dryer (which i think she has there) it sounds stronger cause the one i got was not that strong. I could dry my hair very well but the power was not enough to straighten. 4) if you want to try it you most retailers have return policies that would allow for a few tries.
    499+taxes....no.
    Christmas time some retailers were offering a gift with purchase....about 80$ value. Maybe.
    Some retailers are allowed to apply a 20% discount when they offer it (which dyson doesn't match). Also maybe.

I liked the size. The travelability. I don't straighten my hair all the time... so I could use it. Supposedly it's better for your hair. Most hair dryers suck in your hair if it's long and burns it (yuck happens to me) you can avoid that with the dyson. It is cute and fashionable as a display item.

So i would buy it back if the price came down or if i came into some extra money or nice discount or added bonus items came with it.

June 09, 2017

Best Dryer I have ever owned. I use to always straighten my hair but with this hair I don't need to. It always turns out smooth and silky. My one complaint is for the price it should come with a storage box or travel case.

May 22, 2017

This is such an unbelievably good hair dryer! It's extremely efficient. I don't think I've seen anything else that can dry hair nearly as fast. It's also small and, compared to other professional hair dryers, weighs barely anything! I used to do hair professionally, and the worst thing about drying hair was that the combination of the weight of the dryer and the amount of time you spend holding it will kill your wrist. With the Dyson, you don't have to worry about either!

May 14, 2017

Wow. Just wow! I did so much research before buying this thing and I'm so glad I did. Cuts down on my drying time and helps style with ease.

I do notice my hair is a bit dry, as in lacking moisture while I am drying it but this goes away once I'm done.

Highly recommend. I have thick, wavy/straight hair that is long.

April 27, 2017

My sons girlfriend is a wonderful hairdresser in Vancouver BC, She came for a visit and ranted and raved about how well the Dyson Hair dryer works. She used it on my to give my hair a blow out. Im telling you my hair looked fantastic.
    The diffuser was amazing. The Styling concentrator:
    -Rotate the styling concentrator to match the direction you’re styling in.
    -Use a round brush to guide your hair and create your style.
    Its hugely expensive 500. dollars i know I wont be buying on just because of the price.. works great.

April 26, 2017

This hair dryer is absolutely amazing. I have 3b curly hair and on the low setting with the diffuser attachment, my hair was dry in half the time it would take with my other dryers. It was smoother with less frizz-actually no frizz and it wasn't fried on the ends like it would be with previous drying times/previous dryers. It previously took me 16-20 minutes to completely dry my hair on my old dryers on the low setting. It took me 8 minutes with the Dyson dryer. A suggestion is to buy it at Sephora during one of the VIB sales (April and November) if you want to save some money.

I researched this product for MONTHS before I took the plunge. The reviews and focus group tests that I read about generally said this:

Women with straight hair generally didn't think it was worth the splurge.

Women with curly hair generally said "you need to have this in your life".

As a curly girl, I agree with the latter. I'm so happy I took a chance on this. Great product and a worthwhile investment on your locks.

March 17, 2017

I absolutely love my Dyson hair dryer! It's honestly worth every cent of the hefty price. I have fine hair and I want to keep what's left of it on my head instead of on my bathroom floor and this hair dryer helps so much in combatting hair loss. It dries in less time and you can adjust the heat and cooling temperatures. I recommend this to anyone who is on the fence because of the price- do it! You won't regret it!!

March 10, 2017

I have very long colour treated hair and heard that this hair dryer would help dry my hair quicker and leave it smoother, so I can't even express my excitement when I received The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer as a Christmas present! It has reduced my drying time by 1/3 and leaves my is smooth and sleek. It also works very well to defrizz and define my curls when I use the diffuser. This is a very pricey item but in my opinion well worth the investment!