John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#20 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

November 19, 2019
    Birmingham, United Kingdom

Works great and great value

I have naturally dark blond hair with an ombre so bleach from mid lengths to ends and often use a purple shampoo to tone between hairdresser visits.
    I've tried lots of purple shampoos with in the 'drug store' ranges and around the same price point as this John Freda one a d this hands down performs better than any of the other I have tried. I would say its as good or better than some of the more expensive types I've had.
    It leaves hair feeling clean and fresh and gave a really good toning effect that was noticeable for days, even after washing again with normal shampoo.
    Would highly recommend this product.

November 15, 2019
    Lancashire, United Kingdom

Banish Brassiness

I've used a lot of John Frieda products so was interested to try this to see how it would help with brassy tones on my blonde hair. First off, it's a huge tube so will last for ages. The decadent purple shampoo feels rich and nourishing when using, and tones down brassy tones, leaving my hair with cooler ashy tones.

November 14, 2019
    Somerset, United Kingdom

Amazing shampoo

I loved this shampoo having my hair dyed blonde this keeps the blonde looking fresh and not that horrible orange colour. Was easy to use and not messy

November 14, 2019
    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Better then others I have tried

I’ve used a few different kinds of purple shampoo and I find most leave my hair with a purple tinge that I don’t like but this shampoo was different as there was no tinge left on my hair at all! It also removed the yellow/brassy tone from my hair 🙌🏻
    The shampoo it’s self has a really nice scent not as strong as I would of liked but still nice smelling and it makes a good form which made cleaning my hair easy.

Andalusia, Spain

It seems good!

I’m not sure if it worked on the first wash but after the second time using it, it seemed to have taken some brassiness away. The smell and texture was really lovely though! All in all, it’s a nice product!

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Worked wonders on my hair!

This stuff is amazing I love it!
    It is a must for every blonde to use.
    I need to use something to help with the orange tinge i had in my hair, Used this now for 1 months and my hair has no orange ting anymore the shade is gorgeous, Ive had so many compliments.
    It really does do what says its going to do, Its super effectiveness & It smells gorgeous.
    The texture is just right! I have already recommended this to everyone!

Kirklees, United Kingdom

Highly recommend

I highly recommend this product, for taking away the brassy tones in my hair. It is actually very purple in colour like all these types of shampoos but it gives a good lather, is easy to rinse out and leaves my hair in great condition. It is a massive tube as well.

Updated On: November 13, 2019

Highly recommended

Havering, United Kingdom

Fresh and bouncy

Just had my hair highlighted just in time to try this and try on my winter holiday
    Kept my hair looking bright smell was beautiful left my hair bouncy.
    The smell of freshness lasted days
    When on my winter holiday in temperature around 28 degrees kept my hair looking blond not brassy and yellow definitely recommended to freinds and family

November 12, 2019
    Stockport, United Kingdom

Amazing!!

I've used silver shampoo for years, and and as everyone who does nows you get the typical purple string tone that is light texture I've tried Lee stafford and silver , this!!! Is such a thick texture and the purple tone is so much stronger , I was amazed at how well it removed the yellow orange flashes in my hair I am now nicely ash blonde with blonde flashes with no horrid tones , I love it!!!

November 12, 2019
    Liverpool, United Kingdom

My hair felt soft!

I found this toned down the brassiness of my hair, my hair felt soft and clean after using. It was manageable afterwards, the shampoo also smells nice and lathered well. A great product to tone that brassy hair.