John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#18 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

November 19, 2020

My Favorite Purple Shampoo

I would buy this product 100 times over.. My blonde has never been this vibrant.. I recommend to anyone that wants to keep their blonde hair so refreshed between coloring.. It helped it from being brassy, yellow/orange.. Ill never buy another blonde shampoo again <3

November 10, 2020

I would buy this product again and again

I have tried many other purple shampoos for blonde hair and have always had the issue with it making my hair feel dry and damaged and not doing the purpose but this shampoo is so different! I love it, it works great and leaves my hair soft and shiny rather than the competitors

November 02, 2020

Shampoo is great but makes my hair feel dry

Like what the shampoo does to my blond hair but it feels super dry after. The conditoner isn’t bad but not enough moisture to help with the dryness. Maybe it’s just not for fine hair

October 25, 2020

THE BEST

Hands down the BEST purple shampoo I have ever tried. In the summer my hair turns pretty yellow and brassy, but if I use this is goes right back to the ashy colour I love. I've tried a bunch of purple shampoos but this one is my all-time favourite for brassy orange tones. If it's really bad I will apply on dry hair for about 10 minutes before rinsing out in the shower and it works almost as well as a toner at the salon!

September 04, 2020

Its a miracle!

This product is a miracle! A friend of mine recommended this to me and i told my hairdresser about it and she confirmed that its a good product. Although its a bit pricy it took all the brassiness away from my hair and works just like a toner!

July 07, 2020

great purple shampoo

I decided to bleach my hair during this pandemic and all turned out good except for the usual brassiness. I tried the regular john frieda blond shampoo but it wasn't cutting it so I bought the intense blonde one to try and it did wonders. I have used over half the bottle now using every other day and I have zero brassiness left. It worked even on the first use.

July 02, 2020

Immediate tone change

I’m just one use this product reduced even the most stubborn brassy tones, my absolute go to!!! And highly recommend, as always a little goes a very long way!!

June 19, 2020

No more yellow!

In the past I’ve bought purple shampoo from the salon. I saw this on Amazon one day and decided to try it it. I feel it works just as well as the much more expensive salon varieties. My hair was soft and clean. The smell is really pretty too.

June 10, 2020

Brassy tones are gone

I have been using John Frieda Violet Crush Purple Shampoo for a number of months now and it is one of the most cost effective purple shampoos I have found and more importantly it works on my fine hair. I have a problem with shampoos weighing my hair down because it is so fine but John Frieda Violet Crush Purple Shampoo takes all the brassy tones out of my blonde/grey hair without leaving it dry like other purple shampoos I have tried. I highly recommend John Frieda Violet Crush Purple Shampoo and it won’t break the bank when you purchase it.

June 04, 2020

Brass be gone!

Love this shampoo.
    A great quick fix to get my treated blonde hair looking amazing.
    Gentle enough to use every time you shampoo to really brighten your blonde.
    Would even recommend on highlighted brown hair to make your highlights really pop.