John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#18 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

July 07, 2020

great purple shampoo

I decided to bleach my hair during this pandemic and all turned out good except for the usual brassiness. I tried the regular john frieda blond shampoo but it wasn't cutting it so I bought the intense blonde one to try and it did wonders. I have used over half the bottle now using every other day and I have zero brassiness left. It worked even on the first use.

July 02, 2020

Immediate tone change

I’m just one use this product reduced even the most stubborn brassy tones, my absolute go to!!! And highly recommend, as always a little goes a very long way!!

June 19, 2020

No more yellow!

In the past I’ve bought purple shampoo from the salon. I saw this on Amazon one day and decided to try it it. I feel it works just as well as the much more expensive salon varieties. My hair was soft and clean. The smell is really pretty too.

June 10, 2020

Brassy tones are gone

I have been using John Frieda Violet Crush Purple Shampoo for a number of months now and it is one of the most cost effective purple shampoos I have found and more importantly it works on my fine hair. I have a problem with shampoos weighing my hair down because it is so fine but John Frieda Violet Crush Purple Shampoo takes all the brassy tones out of my blonde/grey hair without leaving it dry like other purple shampoos I have tried. I highly recommend John Frieda Violet Crush Purple Shampoo and it won’t break the bank when you purchase it.

June 04, 2020

Brass be gone!

Love this shampoo.
    A great quick fix to get my treated blonde hair looking amazing.
    Gentle enough to use every time you shampoo to really brighten your blonde.
    Would even recommend on highlighted brown hair to make your highlights really pop.

April 22, 2020

does what it says!

I love this shampoo. I have naturally blonde hair along with my two young daughters. We use this shampoo and believe it works. My hair gets so brassy over the winter without the natural sunlight. This toned it down after just the first use. It also makes my hair feel soft, light and clean.

April 16, 2020
    United States

Very, Very Purple!

This shampoo is so intensely purple! I was worried about it staining my hands or the tub but it didn’t which is great! It didn’t make a mess, smells great, and lathered surprisingly well. I didn’t notice a HUGE difference in my hair, but that may be because my blonde is only highlights, but for those with all-over naturally blonde hair it would probably be more effective. I did notice that the parts of my hair that are blonde are a bit lighter and brighter. I also noticed that my hair is nice and soft and shiny after using this shampoo which is a nice added bonus! I think with using this product long-term i’ll see more noticeable results. :)

April 15, 2020

Lovely effect

I recently used this product to try for the first time and I love it. It thoroughly cleans my hair and it has a lovely scent. It gives my hair a cool hue which is what it’s supposed to do. I will definitely purchase it again and I do recommend it to others to try.

April 10, 2020

It kicks brass! Did a great job of toning my hair

I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to tackle the brassiness that come with being blonde. I’ve used other purple shampoos that have a plastic sort of smell, but this one smells divine!

March 31, 2020

Brassiness Removed

I was given the opportunity to try this product. John Frieda Violet Crush shampoo does what it claims plus it smells great doing it. I have dirty blonde hair with blonde highlights. My water can sometimes make my highlights look brassy so I was very excited to try this product. I noticed a difference after using it twice. I enjoyed it didn't tangled my hair like some other shampoos for blondes.