3.9/5
Spectro Jel Cleanser Reviews

Non-irritatiing and deep cleans while protecting your skin's natural moisture. It is suitable for daily use and are free from any potentially irritating ingredients.
sourced from their main website at www.spectroskincare.com

December 17, 2009

I started using this product about a year ago, because I started getting little white pimples om ,y face and couldn't figure out why. I considering I am in my 30's and never had any acne problems before. I had tried all sorts of washes and anti bacterial products that were both prescribed and bought over the counter. Then I remembered someone mentioning Specto jel for her eczema and it really worked. So I went out and bout a bottle, and thankfully there cleansers worked for me too. There are all differnet types of washes and creams, I would recopmmend this product to everyone.

2.8/5

December 04, 2009

I purchased this product when it was on sell not knowing if I would like it. I was surprised at how gentle it actually felt on my face. Not only is it gentle on your face, it's also gentle enough to clean some of your more intimate goods/toys – if you know what I mean ;P

December 03, 2009

I love this product! Everyone in my family uses this product, each for a different skin type. I have Rosacea and ofcourse have very sensitive skin because of this. For a long time i had a hard time finding a cleanser that works for my skin. Since finding this product i have had NO issues at all. I love it. It is gentle for sensitive skin and really works. My sister suffers with acne and this cleanser has helped in a huge way with clearing it up. It is also relatively inexpensive especially compared to other cleansers on the market that have very high ticket prices and do not work. We all love this product in my house and highly recommend it.

November 25, 2009

This product is often recommended by dermatologists and I can see why. It is very mild on the skin is not perfumed and ph-balanced. However, don't use it hoping it will remove makeup, because it won't (well it does not make a very good job doing it). I also this not like the texture of the product. But, if you're not wearing makeup and are looking for a soft cleanser, this is a very good option.

November 15, 2009

I got this on sale, mainly because I had never tired it and I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep using my then current brand.

I have found that I really like spectro jel. It is a mild cleanser but it leaves your skin feeling totally clean without feeling tight and dry. I keep it in the shower and use it for my face and as a shave gel.

I don't really suffer from acne, but I have found that since using spectro jel the few sporadic breakouts I used to get have greatly reduced (which is fantastic!)

November 01, 2009

I first bought this product when my friend recommended it to me. I was really irritated at other products I would buy that would dry out my skin or cause more breakouts. When I started using it, I didn't really like the scent (still don't) but noticed that it didn't dry my skin at all. After a couple months I started to notice that my skin was pimple free, contained a lot more moisture than it used to (I have really dry skin and any cleanser that I use will completely strip it of its moisture. It is not harsh on my skin at all that), and I had a better complexion than I did before I had used Spectro Gel. I was really impressed and I still am now. My cousin and I swear by it and I definitely recommend it because it works and it is cheap. There are different types of Spectro Gel that are geared to different skin types.

I use the one for dry skin which is the blue bottle.

Updated On: November 01, 2009

if you have a pimple, dab a pit of product on the pimple every night before you go to bed and it will dry it out.

October 22, 2009

I've been using this cleanser for a few years now. Sometimes I try something different but end up breaking out and coming back to this. It comes in a huge bottle and lasts a long time. It doesn't lather up like most cleansers but does a great job in keeping my skin blemish free. I also use the spectro pads afterwards to remove any leftover make up and then use the spectro hydracare moisturizer.

September 30, 2009

Great facial clenser! It's very gentle but very effective as well. I think it would be suitable for any kind of skin, I have normal and it never dries out my entire face while it manages to clean well my oily T zone. I love that it doesn't leave skin squeaky clean, by removing all the natural oil I need t kep my skin lubricated. I use it at night as a final wash after make up removal, I find it does a good job at cleaning up, and in the morning, leaving me skin still hydrated enough to work well with my moisturizer and take on make up.

July 14, 2009

This cleanser isn't fancy, but it does a great job in getting rid of grease and oil and dirt, but doesn't strip out moisture. It has almost no smell, and won't irritate even the most sensitive of skin, I think it has a ph that is similar to your natural skin ph, so that's why it doesn't dry or sting. My boyfriend uses it too and he has suffered from bad acne in the past and swears by it as well. He has naturally very oily skin, whereas mine is naturally pretty dry, but the same stuff works well for both of us. Definitely worth a try if you want something gentle to balance your skin.

February 24, 2009

I like this product. It is a nice gentle skin cleanser, that removes most of your make up (I find I still need a make up remover or toner afterwards if I use it at night). I generally use it in the morning when my skin is a little drier, and I find that it is nice and gentle, and makes my skin dewey and soft. It really does give your skin a nice glow like the commercials say. I don't use this product regularly, but somehow I have gone back to it a number of times over the years. Its a good old standby I think.