Amazing

1 review
Ranked #2295 out of 2370 in Grocery

Taste

October 03, 2013

I recently purchased some Tilda Basmati rice I had been hearing so much about. It is precooked so all you have to do is massage the package tear the package a bit to vent and microwave it for 2 minutes. I picked up the Mushroom, Pilau (Indian), regular and Wholegrain.

The texture is great and all the rices smell divine and cook to perfection in just 2 minutes, , this is high quality rice.

1. Regular Basmati was a bit bland but we added some sweet and sour sauce and it was delicious.

2. Wholegrain Basmati had a much more pleasing flavour but still a bit bland for us but after we added some sauce it was quickly devoured.

3. Pilau Basmati had an incredible aroma, you could smell the curry and other spices the moment you opened the package. Sadly it did not taste the way it smelled. Don't get me wrong there was nothing wrong with it except it was bland. I just expected it to taste like it smelled and maybe have a little zing to it. We could not find a sauce to add to this so it was not a big hit.

4. Mushroom Basmati smelt like mushrooms but it also had no flavour.

I am a vegetarian and have been for over 40 years but after 3 ulcers I don't do spicy but I do like taste. They lacked flavour even for me but if you add your favourite sauces they are great. These would be great for younger kids.

streem26 has posted in the forum topic
    Dye my hair?

redflath added a new review for
    Canada Dry Ginger Ale