Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Hair Colour Reviews

Ranked #7 out of 317 in Hair Colour

April 04, 2017

This product is one of few that actually sticks to my hair. Love the vibrant reds, only downside is how fast they fade. My go to box dye every time, the results never fail and always look amazing.

April 03, 2017

Vidal Sassoon hair color is easy to use and I got great reasults. It covers grey very well and leaves my hair shiny and it has rich color. It does not wash out fast like other brands of home kits

January 14, 2017

I have only used the red dye, and it was fantastic. It was a very vibrant true red colour, which is hard to find. It did fade, but all red dyes do. Pretty decent.

August 12, 2016

I recently bought 6RR Runway Red, hoping to boost the vibrancy of my current color. This red is fantastic and really close to a "true" red - people looking for more of a natural/ginger/auburn dye might want to look elsewhere. I've washed it a few times, with no real fading, and it covered my greys perfectly!

June 06, 2016

78 Dark Cool Blonde, this is the color I had purchased and received fantastic results. I have stubborn greys and I have tried so many different brands of hair colouring products over the years that claim to cover grey hair but only to be disappointed. This coloring mixture was pretty thick which meant no drips, no mess and quick application. Oh not a strong scent, so I was able to color my hair in bathroom. My hair really soaked up the color nicely and I was able to lightly bunch up my shoulder length hair in a bun and cover with a plastic bag and waited. I rinsed my hair and used the conditioner that came with this box and loved the smell and the way it made my hair feel so soft and luxurious and I was able to comb my hair without any hesitation. My only problem, this particular color is hard to find on the drugstore shelves.

May 30, 2016

Although this is one of the more expensive hair dyes out there I find it works great. I usually try to purchase it when I see it on sale. I find it covers the grey and lasts the 4-6 the some don't. My hair doesn't look dull and it doesn't have that brittle feeling that some tend to make my hair feel. I also find my hair doesn't break as often as some others have made my hair do.

April 17, 2016

Amazing hair dye! Rich, long lasting colour. Absolutely no mess! The formula is nice a thick so there's no dripping. An absolute favourite, the conditioner that comes with it is also amazing. Smells great and makes your hair feel wonderful.

March 18, 2016

I recently dyed my hair from a very vibrant red to a violet color in this series, and I absolutely love it. It left my hair sleek, manageable and shiny, as well as bold in color. I will definitely be purchasing again!

March 17, 2016

I was really excited when I received this for free as part of a BzzAgent Campaign. I had heard a lot of good things about this product and had been looking forward to trying it for a while - so when this opportunity came up, I jumped at it! Other products that I have used in the past have been okay, and some that I would never use again. Unlike other products that could be really runny and messy, Vidal Sassoon isn't. The application was very easy and mess-free - it is usually very difficult to have a clean process when using really bright colours (red in this case), but the mess was very minimal. The colour that I chose to try out was - Merlot Vibrant Red [5RR]. I often like to experiment with several different red shades, but have yet to find one that I would like to stick with. When using other red (or any other bright colour) hair dyes, the process can become very messy, especially when the product is runny - in this case, it wasn't. I was really pleased with the end result. I had a shade of brown prior to dying my hair, and it worked really well with covering up all the brown. Some products that I've tried in the past do not live up to my expectations - they end up turning out completely different than what it shows on the box - but with this product, it turned out exactly as shown - which is rare! Another thing that I really like about this product is that it smells lovely - most hair dyes have an off-putting smell, which discourages me from using it again. The hair colour lasts up to eight weeks, the quality you can get at the salon. To assist with this, you are provided with a conditioner that is water resistant, which helps to prevent any fading, and keeps your hair colour looking very vibrant. I usually don't like to use the conditioner provided with the hair dye, since it tends to make my hair very oily - but with this product, I tried it out, and I loved the result. Not only will I purchase hair colours from this series again in the future, but I am interested in trying out some of Vidal Sassoon's other products - shampoo, conditioner.

March 09, 2016

I dye my hair every few months with this stuff because I've heard negative reviews about the cheaper hair dyes out there. This was also the first box dye I got my hands on during a warehouse sale so I figured if my hair was messed up at least I didn't pay $100+ for it. I'm happy with the results. I wash my hair everyday so I do expect color to fade faster.Surprisingly this stuff doesn't fade even when I use drugstore brand (i.e. Tresemme, Dove) colored safe shampoos.