A Beautiful Mind (2001)

A Beautiful Mind (2001) Reviews

Ranked #889 out of 970 in DVD

Winner of 4 Academy Awards, including Best Picture, A Beautiful Mind is directed by Academy Award winner Ron Howard and produced by long-time partner and collaborator, Academy Award winner Brian Grazer. A Beautiful Mind stars Russell Crowe in an astonishing performance as brilliant mathematician John Nash, on the brink of international acclaim when he becomes entangled in a mysterious conspiracy. Now only his devoted wife (Academy Award winner Jennifer Connelly) can help him in this powerful story of courage, passion and triumph. Starring: Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Ed Harris, Paul Bettany, Adam Goldberg, Judd Hirsch, Josh Lucas, Anthony Rapp, Christopher Plummer, Austin Pendleton, Jason Gray-Stanford Directed by: Ron Howard

April 03, 2015

Awesome movie and awesome actors. Wonderful storyline and a great love story. Especially at the end. Love trumps all through thick and thin, better for worse.

May 18, 2011

As an Econ student, I particularly found this incredibly interesting.
We learned the theory during lectures, and once my proff introduced it to us, I promptly went on the internet to find myself a copy.
I love psychological movies like these! It's not much of a thriller, but a definite thinker.

May 16, 2011

I really really liked this movie. Russell Crowe (whom I love), plays John Nash, who is a Nobel prize winning Economist that suffers from paranoid Schizophrenia. This is based on a true story, and is so inspiring to me. People who suffers from Schizophrenia often go on medication to reduce the side effects but John Nash actually took a stand and is conquering it on his own. This movie is very intense and the portrayal of a person with Schizophrenia is very realistic (I'm in psych lol).

March 15, 2011

I too loved this film. Stellar acting and an engaging plot, I was surprised by the twists and turns. It's definitely a thinker, one that will have you talking and mulling for long after the credits roll!

March 15, 2011

The film is about the true life story of John Nash- a brilliant economist who learns he has schizophrenia. This film is so much more than just a movie. It is brilliant on so many levels. Russell Crowe plays Nash, and Jennifer Connelly wins best supporting actress for her role as Nash's wife. I cannot even begin to describe the depths this film goes through and the immense talent that is displayed. It is beautifully executed and directed from main and supporting cast- to film editing etc.--anyone that has not seen it, MUST!

Quote I love from the film: "What truly is logic? Who decides reason? My quest has taken me to the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional and back"

tracy1963 has started a new forum topic
The BEST part

Chick Advisor cosmetic Bag

The unwanted

Newest Kutcher addition

tracy1963 has posted in the forum topic

Irememberu has started a new forum topic
The unwanted