• Acana Pacifica Dog Food
Good

Acana Pacifica Dog Food Reviews

Ranked #19 out of 84 in Dog Food & Treats

October 29, 2016

One of my dogs is a 1 year old Brittany Spaniel and a 11 year old Chocolate Lab. They were on Blue Buffalo and we switched them to Acana for puppies and seniors after reading ratings online and seeing the ingredients and noticing it was made in Alberta where I live. There is no noticeable different in their coats and my spaniel who is a picky eater loves it. I have always added some water in their dry food for a little extra added taste which when mixed with water it creates some gravy. Who doesn't love gravy! Also I buy this product conviently at my local UFA.

October 21, 2016

My tiny terrier-gremlin rescue cross LOVES this food. When we first got him, his fur felt dry and he was constantly itching. After switching to Acana Pacifica, his fur is shiny and soft! He no longer itches. Worth every penny! Only downside - his smelly fish toots :(

August 30, 2016

My brother switched his dog's food to this brand and has seen an improvement in his 7 year old dog. She's acting like a puppy again and eats this food instead of just picking at it. I'm getting my puppy this week and this is the brand I have bought for her. It is pricey but when you look at the ingredients in this brand compared to others, you know your giving your furbaby the best there is!

June 13, 2016

This stuff is probably the best dog food out there. It is 100% worth the price you pay. You can get a verity of different kinds from: chicken, lamb, bison or this fish one. It's all natural ingredients that your dog will love. I was feeding my dog a lower name one from costco and he had a bad skin reaction do to the fact the other one was full of fillers and not healthy good stuff you want in your dog food. Pay the extra money to keep your pups happy

May 09, 2016

This is a high quality dog food, so my little dog doesn't need much and it lasts. That part is great, since it's expensive. Also, on her previous high quality dog food, she had developed very stinky gas - a serious problem in a lap dog. That problem has fully abated since switching to Acana Pacifica. We're both much happier

January 27, 2016

Our Lab was having trouble with food and issues with cheaper brands. We made the switch to Acana 5 years ago and have never looked back. He has way more energy no tummy or skin issues. Hes happy and active. His coat looks amazing. He lost a bunch of weigh and all in all his general health is way better on this food. This food is WELL worth the high price.

The only downside of this particular flavour is that it is kind of smelly but its worth it to have a happy dog!

December 16, 2015

Although I have heard some very great things about Acana, it did not sit well with my dog. She seems to be fine on Blue buffalo and Performance. However, when we got her Acana, even after the initial 2 week transformation to the new food, her stool was very soft resulting in accidents. I am not sure if maybe there is something that my dog was allergic to as I really wanted her to be on Acana, but it just didn't work for her.

December 10, 2015

An amazing Canadian product! Free range, sustainable ingredients perfect for my dogs! They love it!

November 11, 2015

This is one of the pricier dog foods, but also one of the healthiest. Good real ingredients that are good for your dog. Didn't upset my dog's tummy. Regular stool movements, no constipation or the runs. My dog likes the taste!

August 17, 2015

Acana is in my opinion one of the best foods for your pet. Both my cat and all SIX dogs are on it. I love that i can switch up the flavors without upsetting my pets tummies and i love that every single ingredient is useful and healthy for your pet. I have taken Pet Nutrition as a degree at the U of Davis and this is the only food i ever feed my furbabies. I realize many people look at the price tag and go NO WAY, but realize when a whole protein such as deboned Lamb or fish is your first and main ingredient you will be feeding much much less food than a kibble with corn or filler as a top spot.
Comparison... Purina Benful 16kg bag is under $20.00 the same size in Acana is closer to $45.00 but when i made the permanent switch i had to buy dog food 1 a month instead of once a week. The pets poop smelled less and they went less frequently, Everyones coat and skin is in great shape :). Do your pet a favor and try it out