These Konjac sponges are wonderful. I've been hearing the beauty community rave about them and in only a week I've already noticed my skin is much softer and clearer.
Unfortunately there are no instructions included in this pack, so here's the need to know:
- Sponges arrive dehydrated (hard) and must be soaked in water (up to ten minutes the first time, a couple thereafter) to soften them before use.
- Make sure to hang them on the provided hook afterwards in a place that is not too humid (a tub in the refrigerator if nothing else is available).
- These can be used for around a month or slightly more before they must be replaced. White is a daily use sponge and black is for weekly deep cleansing.
- After soaking the sponge, squeeze it gently between flat palms to remove the excess water. Never wring the sponge as it can tear and cause it to be unusuable.
- Using circular motions wash your face, being careful not to press too hard (a layer of water should protect your face between it and the sponge keeping the cleaning nice and gentle. You can use cleanser if you wish.
- Rinse the sponge for a few minutes or until all cleanser is removed.
- Press sponge firmly between flat palms as above until it is only damp.
- Leave to dry in non-humid environment.
Konjac sponges are supposed to leave your face much softer because they are so gentle and the layer of water prevents you from scrubbing away the protective oils and skin on your face. With these sponges I noticed a huuuge difference and was super pleased. So much so that I researched Konjac afterwards as I wanted to know what it was. It's actually a Japanese plant! They even eat it over there.
These sponges may seem small, but they get around 1.5 times bigger when they are not dry. I love that a little suction cup hook is included for hanging in your bathroom (my bathroom is not humid as it has a good vent). I will definitely continue to use these.
- Protect skin from overcleaning.
- Incredibly gentle and great for kids or sensitive skin.
- Two pack has a daily use and weekly charcoal sponge.
- Hook included for hanging.
- No instructions.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for Konjac sponges. I've even noticed a difference in my blackheads which usually nothing touches, here's hoping they disappear totally over a longer period of time!
Note: I received this product at a discounted rate in exchange for an unbiased, honest review as provided here. As a consumer advocate, I believe in providing quality and honest feedback and receiving a product at a discounted rate will never affect my opinions.opinions.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.