Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 Reviews

Ranked #431 out of 595 in Foundation

June 29, 2016

Very nice foundation. Feels light on your skin and not a caked on feeling. Pretty expensive but a nice foundation to use and I found it stayed on for a long period of time

August 17, 2015

This is one of my favorite foundations. It's supposed to give light coverage that mimics skin - it totally does. This stuff makes your skin look so smooth and so beautiful, almost lit from within. I wouldn't say this is "glowy" but it definitely looks skin-like and is by no stretch matte. The shades in this range lean slightly yellow. The price is up there, but the quality makes it worth it, in my opinion. My only complaint about this is that it is NOT long-wearing at all. Around 4 hours, it's completely worn off my nose and I'm pretty shiny. I honestly don't mind because it looks so gorgeous on. I highly recommend trying it out!

August 17, 2015

A friend of mine bought this and it was too light for her, so she gave it to me. I was worried because I enjoy full coverage and this is marketed as being light - medium. I haven't worn it for a full day yet, but I can say that it makes my skin look so smooth, and as though it's naturally clear and even. I mixed it with Revlon Colorstay and my skin looked flawless, I can't get over how good it looks. Will update after worn for a full school day!

March 28, 2012

I'm already using my 2nd bottle and almost halfway finished.
Amazing light-medium coverage foundation for those who prefer something a little more natural. I personally like the lighter coverage as I don't like to look so dramatically different without foundation.
At $55CAD, a little pricey, but one bottle lasted approx 5-6 months with 1-1.5 pumps per application.
I like how there's SPF in it, but I still use an SPF50 underneath for extra protection. I find this foundation applies best with fingers and blending the edges with a sponge.
I would recommend to anyone that prefers more natural coverage!

November 21, 2011

I went to sephora, bought some stuff that i *needed* and as I was heading out passed the Bobbi Brown section where they had two rows of plain looking foundation bottles. For the fun of it I colour matched myself to one (Honey) and put it on. And did a double take. I promptly took of all my makeup and applied the foundation to a fresh face to see if works just as well, and it did! I don't understand how this foundation manages to give such a flawless, yet natural no-makeup-applied look!!

Let me start from the beginning: The consistency of the foundation is very runny, which is a bit weird for a foundation, but hey, it works, so whatever. It being runny makes it very easy to apply. I just applied it with my fingers. Runny, liquidy foundation would make you think it has less coverage, right? Totally not the case here! It somehow covers all my flaws and gives my skin the 'glow from within' sort of finish. I actually applied my absolute favourite MUFE HD Foundation on one half of my face, and BB Skin on the other half, and walked around the store asking random people (employees and customers) to pick a side of my face. I didn't tell them which is which so as to get a less biased opinion. Although my love - the mufe hd - got many votes, BB Skin got a ton of votes and actually outranked my mufe!! I asked my husband and he also picked the BB Skin, saying I look more glowing on that side of my face. He didn't even let me finish my sentence before pointing and picking the side of my face (I guess he's used to me doing this "which half do you like" test). I was like "which do you..." he interrupts "that side, you look more glowing and healthier on that side". Lol :-) You know how we all have a "good side" and a "bad side" on our face? I know MUFE works wonders, so I put it on my good side and put the BB Skin on my "bad side" - and it still got a ton of votes! That's how good it was!! Crazy....

I can't live without my MUFE HD, I think I've developed a sort of loyalty and attachment to it, but I couldn't walk out of the store without the super voted super liked BB Skin. So I got it to add to my collection.

I know you can get a tester, and I did, but let me tell you ladies, testers never work the same as when you use it out of the bottle. Notice how on the bottles it says to shake before use? You can't exactly shake the tester the same way, right? So the consistency and coverage of the foundation when used from the tester is different than when used from the bottle.

The SPF doesn't hurt either. There's a wide range of colour, although doesn't compare to the MUFE, but I think the consistency of the foundation allows it to sort of "skin match" to similar shades. All in all, I would definitely recommend this foundation to anyone who's looking for a flawless makeup-less totally-natural foundation.

Here's a funny little side note: I went to Sephora twice to try the foundation (to make sure it really was as good as I thought it was), and ended up buying it on the second day. The first day on my way home as I was waiting for the bus, a dude in a car pulled over and tried to flirt with me / pick me up. It was super cold so I was wearing jeans, boots, comfy big sweater and coat. Not the sexiest of gears. Second day I wore it, another guy came up to me in the subway and started flirting with me. I'm amazed. This doesn't happen to me often, or, you know, at all. This stuff is like the "axe" of foundations! A total guy magnet.. lol :-)