Campbell's Everyday Gourmet Creamy Thai Chicken & Rice Soup

Campbell's Everyday Gourmet Creamy Thai Chicken & Rice Soup Reviews

Ranked #43 out of 57 in Soup

November 01, 2016

I love this soup when I am craving Thai food but can't go out for it. It definitely isn't authentic, but pretty close considering it comes out of a can !!

You can really taste the lemongrass which is a classic Thai flavor. The chicken is nice white meat, and big chunks. It is made from long grain rice too. The creaminess of the coconut milk also makes it classic Thai and super filling. I can barely finish a full can on my own and I am stuffed. You do not need to add water or anything to it and it is already fully cooked; so just heat and serve. I stock up when it goes on sale at Save On Food for $2 a can.

I recommend this soup.

July 03, 2016

I believe this is the same Creamy Chicken Thai as Tim Horton's sells on a limited edition basis. It is so good and filling..it has a nice creamy texture, a lot of rice and chicken, and a fantastic lemon grass or cilantro taste. I usually do not like canned soups, so was happy to find some that I can keep in the pantry for this lazy non cook days. A can is more than enough for me for a full dinner, very hearty. Often on sale at SDM for around $2 a can.

March 16, 2016

I was apprehensive at first about trying this product but I was pleasantly surprised. It did manage to capture the flavours of a Thai soup and I didn't think I would but I enjoyed having the rice in there.

January 20, 2016

This soup i fabulous. I regularly stock up on it now!

January 03, 2015

Thought I would try this soup when my partner was in hospital. We were not to be home so had few groceries in the house. I wanted easy, tasty, feel good food so bought one can of this to try. I loved it. Went back the next day to get more and the shelf space was empty so others agreed with me. I will have this again when in stock. It hits the spot while making you feel you are eating something decent at the same time. Very tasty.

November 01, 2014

OMG! I thought this would be kind of wimpy and not so great on its own. Wow! It does taste good! Even though, it's a Campbell's product, it was surprisingly tasty with a Thai flavour and a kick to it! It's brand new. It was $2 a can at Walmart and then $2 at the local Valu- Mart. A special price. I didn't think this was going to be good but I'm surprised that it was really worthwhile. Worth trying!

September 21, 2014

I was suffering from a bad bout of pneumonia, food wasn't appealing to me. Even the effort to cook a meal was too much for me to accomplish. I was virtually living off of soup (Campbell's of course) but had gotten so tired of my usual favorite standby's Cream of Tomato and Chicken Noodle. Well I stumbled out to pick up of few groceries and noticed that Campbell's had a new line out called Campbell's Everyday Gourmet, it came in a variety of flavors and was in the pull top , easy to prepare (just pull tab to open, pour into a bowl or extra large mug and nuke in the microwave) can. So I thought, what the hey! Campbell's you can't go wrong with their products so bought a 540mL can of their Creamy Thai Chicken & Rice. It cost about $2.79 a can and was the best tasting soup I have ever tasted.

This soup is creamy with large chunks of chicken, tastes like it has a coconut cream base to it but does not include coconut in the ingredient list. A bit high in the sodium content but that comes with the territory (most canned goods have a high sodium content). It truly tastes gourmet so the name is apt and the flavor I kid you not is the best ever, it is like having a gourmet chef in my kitchen making sure that I am fed nectar of the God's. Needless to say I sent someone out to pick up half a dozen cans. Can't wait to feel up to another shopping trip cause I plan on trying all those other flavors I saw. Thank you Campbell's; once again you have made me a loyal fan. I have already gotten my Mom hooked on this soup, and I rave about it to everyone I talk to.

As you can see, this soup has definitely been a hit and made me a believer. I encourage everybody to try it, I guarantee they will love it as well.