Clairol Natural Instincts Reviews

Ranked #148 out of 258 in Hair Colour

Clairol Natural Instincts is a demi-permanent home hair colour designed to enhance your natural shade and gently blend up to 50% gray hair in just 10 minutes processing time.  Lasting up to 28 shampoos, the antioxidant-rich, ammonia-free formula leaves no visible root line as gradually washes away.

September 24, 2016

I got this in black may I just say this is probably the worst hair colour I have ever used. Pros the colour I do enjoy the shade of black that is about it that and I tried it for free lol. Cons its potent smelling for a natural product also it stings worse then most but it was such a pain in the butt to clean its the messiest hair colour I have ever dealt with and it was not thick going on so I should have figured it was going to be a horrific mess.

September 23, 2016

I was lucky enough to get to try Clairol Natural Instincts for free from BzzAgent #GotItFree and Clairol, and I admit when I first saw that it was to be put on damp hair, not wet, I did worry a bit, but I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. It did miss a few small grey hairs, but I loved the colour, and my hair felt so much softer than with other hair dyes, my guess is because there is no ammonia in it. I also love that I can change my hair colour every 28 washes without worrying that the old colour will mess up the new colour! I can change my hair colour faster than the seasons change with no worries! I do think that because it only lasts a short while, it should be less expensive than other hair dyes, but it seems to be around the same price.

September 12, 2016

I have to admit that despite reservations I was pretty impressed with Clairol Natural Instincts. I got to try the Cinnaberry Medium Brown colour, which I felt was pretty close to the previous dye I had used. I was really hoping it would be a stopgap measure to cover my growing in grey hair until I had time and money to buy another hair dye.

It only takes ten minutes to apply, so I really, really wasn't expecting much. So colour my surprised, because if came out beautifully! I combed through and parted my hair all over afterwards and there wasn't a hint of grey to be seen. It also blended in wonderfully with my current colour without causing any issues.

While I personally don't have much of a need for semi-permanent dye (I thought they didn't make them anymore) this would be great for a younger person, or to use while growing out your natural colour in preparation for a new dye. It was easy to apply and didn't have a really unpleasant smell. I really love the fact that it only took ten minutes.

I've probably washed my hair about 10-15 times since then and haven't seen any huge amount of fading, just the standard amount for any dye and there's been no reappearance of my grey as of yet. I would definitely consider using this again!

SUMMARY
********************************************
Pros
+ Doesn't smell terrible.
+ Only takes ten minutes.
+ Covers grey well.
+ Colour is very nice.
+ No irritation during use.
+ Hair was left soft and not damaged.
+ Easy to wash out.

Cons
- Semi-permanent. (could be a pro depending on what you're looking for)
- Included gloves are cheap and easily torn.

********************************************
Note: I received this product for free from BzzAgent in exchange for an unbiased, honest review as provided here. As a consumer advocate, I believe in providing quality and honest feedback and receiving a product at a discounted rate will never affect my opinions.

August 26, 2016

I decided to use Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up because a friend recommended it to me. It's very costly to go to the hair salon every 6-8 weeks for root touch-ups so I bought this product. It was so easy to use! The brush and little mixing bowl were perfect for the job and there was no strong smell. The colour blended into my hair colour perfectly. Also, the clean-up was easy. I will use this again and recommend it.

June 11, 2016

I absolutely love using this brand of hair color! I found it because I was looking for a temporary hair color and they are very hard to find in the stores. Most of them are permanent, but I wanted one that will help me to grow out my natural hair color after many years of using permanent hair color, so it won't look funny. And once it's long enough to cut, I can just cut off the ends with permanent and stop using the temporary color and viola! I will have my natural hair color back! This stuff is more natural and smells good too and my hair is very healthy and shiny when I use it!

March 10, 2016

Last year I developed a severe allergy to hair dye and was extremely worried that I would have to go gray. Luckily my little sis pointed me to the Natural Instincts line, which is much less abrasive than ammonium-based hair colour. I have been using it with success and only mild irritation ever since. The colour sets in only 10 minutes, which is an added bonus as it saves time. It used to take me 1.5 hours to complete the colour treatment, rinse and conditionning, now I can get it done in 45 minutes. I love it. Thank you Natural Instincts!

February 12, 2016

I prefer the Natural Instincts formula that goes onto wet hair, the original. I find that the colours lasts longer than 2edays and the gray coverage is quite good producing highlights throughout. I tend to deal more with the root issue after 28 days and colour fade isn't bad if used with a shampoo for colour treated hair and a conditioner as well once a week. It is a great price point and I like the shades.

January 13, 2016

I bought this because I was in desperate need of a change of color. I wasn't able to go to my stylist because i didn't have that kind of money. I purchased the Clairol Natural Instincts Crema Keratina Hair Color Kit, Dark Brown 4 Coffee Creme. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE this color on me. My family and friends were very surprised to see me go from a dark blonde to this color. At first, it seemed a bit dark but after a few days, I love it. It has made my gray hairs say BYE, my hair feel super soft and just love the overall color.

I will most definitely be using this again. I recommend this Brand and product.

August 01, 2015

great product. so easy to apply.. lasting color

March 09, 2015

I have used this twice and didn't like the results either time. The first time didn't cover manage to cover my greys at all (which I only have small patches of ) and the colour started to fade within a few days, even though I only wash my hair every other day. I gave it a second chance and had worse results. I left it on slightly longer, but still within the max time limit suggested. Not only did it still not cover the greys, but leaving it on any longer than the normal 10 mins caused my hair to feel very dried out and brittle for several days. And even though I bought the same shade as the first box, the colour was very different. Both boxes were supposed to be dark auburn, but the first box turned out the correct colour and the second turned out to lighter in shade and very orange (given that I left the colour on longer with the second box I would have expected the shade to end up darker not lighter)
It's great that it's ammonia free (I have very sensitive skin and found no irritation at all using this), but it just didn't do the job.