Coastal Scents 88 Piece Makeup Palette Reviews

Ranked #26 out of 1111 in Eye Shadow

This makeup palette has highly pigmented shades; all shadows can also be applied wet for a deeper longer lasting effect. The compact case makes it easy for storing and traveling. The colors do not have a ton of shimmer in them: if this is what you are looking for, you can always dust shimmer over top as I did in the above photo. It is nearly a 50/50 mix of matte and satin with slight shimmer.  Get the perfect look whatever your mood with its wide variety of colours.

September 25, 2016

My best friend bought me this palette several years ago when I used to wear more colourful eye shadows. Even though my makeup tastes have matured, I still have this palette in my collection, as it does contain some neutral shades, but I don't find myself reaching for it the same way I did when I was younger.

As the name suggests, this palette contains 88 colours. Most of them are matte or demi-matte, but there are a few shimmers in here as well. You get everything from white to black, pinks and purples, blues and greens. The pans are on the small side, but chances are if you run out of a favourite shade, you'll find a similar one close by.

The pigmentation varies from fair to poor. The best pigmentation comes from the very bright and the very dark shades, which is fairly typical. The very pale shades, such as the whites, creams, and very pale beiges, are pretty well non-existent. Every single shade in here is very dry and dusty, because the quality isn't as good as a higher end brand. Because of this, I find that you're much more likely to experience both fading and fallout -- with or without a base -- than if you spent more money on something of better quality.

Having said that, these shadows are not impossible to use, and you can definitely create some decent looks with them. I think a palette like this is good for someone who is just starting out with makeup and/or doesn't have the money to spend on something else. These still have a lot of value, in that respect, and I would certainly recommend them for just that purpose. If, however, you can save up your money, it's worth spending it on shadows that are of a higher quality than these. Perhaps make your own Z palette.

September 16, 2016

This is a must for anyone starting out in makeup. It is worth the price and the quality is amazing. It's a really good pallette to have!!!!!!!!! It's a must

May 01, 2016

I love coastal scents and everything they offer.

from their brushes to eye shadow.. i ordered this palette and it still lasts.

i will be definitely ordering more form them

November 20, 2015

If there's a colour I don't have and I need to use, I always borrow this palette from my friend. Every colour is in there. I found some colours to be build-able.Their not as pigmented as I would like them to be, but still very good.

November 09, 2015

I've had this palette for years. There is every colour you could possibly want, and although they are on the chalkier side, most of them are quite pigmented.

October 01, 2015

the best palette and is really cheAp love it

July 17, 2015

I love the colours in this palette! So many to choose from. The shadows are pigmented and easy to blend. Good quality for the price. I bought another palette from coastal scents which includes four blushes! love them!

June 13, 2015

This IS the PERFECT palette of all times. You have almost every color you need and can have so much fun with this palette. The colors are gorgeous and pigmented and you can work with any eye color. There's a look for everyone in this palette. And the price is amazing for everything you get in that one palette.

May 01, 2015

I didn't like this product. The colors in the kit are too bright for my skin tone. Even if you apply it wet, the color is still too bright for me.

January 23, 2015

I have this and it works so well with my skin

j.beauty has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

jayvelyn926 has posted in the forum topic

CherM added a new review for
Smashbox O-Gloss

indykat has posted in the forum topic
Stitches